Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

living; state of being; life
unit
existence
voucher
sharp
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

a day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes right

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is the meaning of investors? | Difference between holding fort and holding brief?
listening exercises
a day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes right #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:33 am   a day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes right

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #5 "As happy as the day is long", question 10

I knew once the car didn't start, saw it had a flat tyre and also that it had started to rain, that this was going to be one of those days.

(a) a day when nothing goes right
(b) a day when something goes wrong
(c) a day when little goes right
(d) a day when little goes wrong

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #5 "As happy as the day is long", answer 10

I knew once the car didn't start, saw it had a flat tyre and also that it had started to rain, that this was going to be a day when nothing goes right.

Correct answer: (a) a day when nothing goes right

Your answer was: incorrect
I knew once the car didn't start, saw it had a flat tyre and also that it had started to rain, that this was going to be a day when something goes wrong.

Please tell me what the difference between a day when something goes wrong and a day when nothing goes right! Thanks in advance
mogoy

a day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes right #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 16, 2009 13:31 pm   a day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes right

Nothing = no things
Something = some things

'When nothing goes right' is absolute.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of investors? | Difference between holding fort and holding brief?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Is spring just around the ..?difference between take and haveWhat does 'to be in the dog house' mean?parts vs. slicesPhrase: You really shouldn't believe everythingIt is crucial that we do not stifle the momentum?Mastering an array of technical skills?Difference between "turn in" and "turn up"Watch a movie vs. see a movieAre you ready for the question?what is the past tense of fetch?Usage of the word "prefer"Tighten vs. Compress vs. Press