living; state of being; life
unit
existence
voucher
sharp

a day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes right

What is the meaning of investors? | Difference between holding fort and holding brief?
a day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes right #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:33 am   a day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes right

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #5 "As happy as the day is long", question 10

I knew once the car didn't start, saw it had a flat tyre and also that it had started to rain, that this was going to be one of those days.

(a) a day when nothing goes right
(b) a day when something goes wrong
(c) a day when little goes right
(d) a day when little goes wrong

ESL/EFL Test #5 "As happy as the day is long", answer 10

I knew once the car didn't start, saw it had a flat tyre and also that it had started to rain, that this was going to be a day when nothing goes right.

Correct answer: (a) a day when nothing goes right

I knew once the car didn't start, saw it had a flat tyre and also that it had started to rain, that this was going to be a day when something goes wrong.
_________________________

Please tell me what the difference between a day when something goes wrong and a day when nothing goes right! Thanks in advance
mogoy

a day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes right #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 16, 2009 13:31 pm   a day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes right

Nothing = no things
Something = some things

'When nothing goes right' is absolute.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Is spring just around the ..?difference between take and haveWhat does 'to be in the dog house' mean?parts vs. slicesPhrase: You really shouldn't believe everythingIt is crucial that we do not stifle the momentum?Mastering an array of technical skills?Difference between "turn in" and "turn up"Watch a movie vs. see a movieAre you ready for the question?what is the past tense of fetch?Usage of the word "prefer"Tighten vs. Compress vs. Press