to waver; to be uncertain; to vacillate; to falter; to be indecisive
signify
tie
hesitate
permit

Why did a lot of pedestrian walk across the street when the light turned green?

Could we say "They understand well each other"? | Is to pull around mean to carry or to overcome?
Why did a lot of pedestrian walk across the street when the light turned green? #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 21, 2009 13:02 pm   Why did a lot of pedestrian walk across the street when the light turned green?

ESL/EFL Test #128 "Real Life: Transportation (1)", question 7

On the other side of the street, she saw a lot of ......... walking across the street when the light turned green.

(a) pedestrians
(b) peddlers
(c) boarders

ESL/EFL Test #128 "Real Life: Transportation (1)", answer 7

On the other side of the street, she saw a lot of pedestrians walking across the street when the light turned green.

Correct answer: (a) pedestrians

_________________________

It means that the light was green for the pedestrian walking across the street. Right?

Thanks for the incoming answer..
Watie

Location: Indonesia

Why did a lot of pedestrian walk across the street when the light turned green? #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 21, 2009 14:37 pm   Why did a lot of pedestrian walk across the street when the light turned green?

Right.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"?display as a verb vs. display as a noun"that picks people up" instead of "that picks up people"?Use 'in the United States and Canada' not 'in the United Stated and in Canada'?The days of the week?What means adin in the definition of amokWhat are dairy products?tradušao da palavra SHY pleaseMeaning of 'shopping cart'meaning of "roll up our sleeves"What is a "fleet of ships"?Meaning of "branched out"Live at a place vs. live by a place