rare object
warning
collectible
capability
issue

Is to pull around mean to carry or to overcome?

Why did a lot of pedestrian walk across the street when the light turned green? | display as a verb vs. display as a noun
Is to pull around mean to carry or to overcome? #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 21, 2009 14:38 pm   Is to pull around mean to carry or to overcome?

ESL/EFL Test #131 "Real Life: Farm Animals (1)", question 5

We can ride of the backs of ......... and, sometimes, they are used to pull around carriages as well as other things because they are so strong.

(a) deer
(b) rabbits
(c) horses

ESL/EFL Test #131 "Real Life: Farm Animals (1)", answer 5

We can ride of the backs of horses and, sometimes, they are used to pull around carriages as well as other things because they are so strong.

Correct answer: (c) horses

_________________________

Watie

Location: Indonesia

Is to pull around mean to carry or to overcome? #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 22, 2009 13:48 pm   Is to pull around mean to carry or to overcome?

No, just 'pull': apply force to move something toward or with you.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
the grass is greener on the other side?Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"?"that picks people up" instead of "that picks up people"?Could we say "They understand well each other"?Use 'in the United States and Canada' not 'in the United Stated and in Canada'?The days of the week?What means adin in the definition of amokWhat are dairy products?tradušao da palavra SHY pleasemeaning of "roll up our sleeves"What is a "fleet of ships"?Meaning of "branched out"Live at a place vs. live by a place