to contrive false evidence against; to set up; to construct; to build; to fashion; to formulate
fine
dominate
deal
frame

Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"?

tradušao da palavra SHY please | the grass is greener on the other side?
Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"? #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:31 am   Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"?

ESL/EFL Test #149 "Question/Response Test (2)", question 9

He's not here right now. Can I take your name and number? .........

(a) I'll tell you about the project at the meeting.
(b) Yes, I am new here.
(c) Yes, do you have a pen and some paper?

ESL/EFL Test #149 "Question/Response Test (2)", answer 9

He's not here right now. Can I take your name and number? Yes, do you have a pen and some paper?

Correct answer: (c) Yes, do you have a pen and some paper?

_________________________

Watie

Location: Indonesia

Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"? #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:46 am   Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"?

No.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"? #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:22 am   Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"?

Oh, I see Mr. Micawber. Some can use both a plural and a singular noun. That sentence refer to a singular noun.

Watie

Location: Indonesia

Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"? #4 (permalink) Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:30 am   Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"?

No, I am just telling you that, singular or plural, it is the wrong answer to the question.

'Some' cannot refer to a singular noun in that structure, though it can refer to a portion of a singular noun like this: 'Give me some of your hotdog'.
_________________

Could we say "It comes between February and December"?Could I also say "Would you like a reminder calling tomorrow?Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?"Who or what are the boys in blue?Here is what I do when I get home after work...What does dresssing mean in connection with food?"I'll want to salad with that"? is it right?your body temperature. increasesCould I also say "they have a runny or stuffy nose"?display as a verb vs. display as a noun"that picks people up" instead of "that picks up people"?Is to pull around mean to carry or to overcome?Why did a lot of pedestrian walk across the street when the light turned green?