pillow; soft padded object
cushion
variety
onus
humidity

Who or what are the boys in blue?

Here is what I do when I get home after work... | Could I also say "Would you like a reminder calling tomorrow?
Who or what are the boys in blue? #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 24, 2009 14:29 pm   Who or what are the boys in blue?

ESL/EFL Test #780 "Colors (3)", question 1

You'd better not rob that store! I'll call the boys in ......... if you do and they'll arrest you.

(a) black
(b) orange
(c) purple
(d) blue

ESL/EFL Test #780 "Colors (3)", answer 1

You'd better not rob that store! I'll call the boys in blue if you do and they'll arrest you.

Correct answer: (d) blue
_________________________

hi please explain to me why blue is the corret answer

pari kariminia
Pari Kariminia

Who or what are the boys in blue? #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 24, 2009 15:05 pm   Who or what are the boys in blue?

because boys in blue means the police
Sandy1

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"?It could be "I think I just want to stay at home this weekend"?Could we say "It comes between February and December"?Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?"Could we say 'Store Clerk: Sure. If I order some more today, they should have...'the grass is greener on the other side?What does dresssing mean in connection with food?"I'll want to salad with that"? is it right?your body temperature. increasesCould I also say "they have a runny or stuffy nose"?Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"?tradušao da palavra SHY pleaseWhat does Landmarks mean?