contract by which property or persons are guaranteed against damage or loss
insurance
ranches
coin
implication

Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?"

Could we say "It comes between February and December"? | Could we say 'Store Clerk: Sure. If I order some more today, they should have...'
Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?" #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:19 am   Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?"

ESL/EFL Test #152 "Dialogue Practice: Buying a Music CD (1)", question 7

Man: His birthday isn't until next Saturday. Do you think the ......... will arrive before the weekend?

(a) shipment
(b) seam
(c) dock
(d) flight

ESL/EFL Test #152 "Dialogue Practice: Buying a Music CD (1)", answer 7

Man: His birthday isn't until next Saturday. Do you think the shipment will arrive before the weekend?

Correct answer: (a) shipment

_________________________

Many thanks for the incoming explanations.
Watie

Location: Indonesia

Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?" #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:42 am   Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?"

Not unless the context is also referring to another day of the week or another event on another day.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the difference between before and in front of?Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"?It could be "I think I just want to stay at home this weekend"?Could I also say "Would you like a reminder calling tomorrow?Who or what are the boys in blue?Here is what I do when I get home after work...the grass is greener on the other side?What does dresssing mean in connection with food?"I'll want to salad with that"? is it right?your body temperature. increasesCould I also say "they have a runny or stuffy nose"?Could it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"?Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles?