perfect; imaginary; excellent; best; exemplary
vacant
ideal
exclusive
portable

Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm

Phrasal verb turn out | six routes serve???
Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:29 am   Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm

ESL/EFL Test #153 "Dialogue Practice: Making a Dentist Appointment", question 4

Secretary: Hi, I'm back. Can you come ......... tomorrow at 1:00 pm?

(a) above
(b) on
(c) in
(d) before

ESL/EFL Test #153 "Dialogue Practice: Making a Dentist Appointment", answer 4

Secretary: Hi, I'm back. Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm?

Correct answer: (c) in

Secretary: Hi, I'm back. Can you come on tomorrow at 1:00 pm?
_________________________

Why should "Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm?" instead of "Can you come on tomorrow at 1:00 pm?"?
Is it means that she comes at the office before 1.00 pm?

Many thanks for the incoming answers.
Watie

Location: Indonesia

Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:41 am   Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm

Both 'on' and 'at' are wrong. She comes to the office and then she comes into the office.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 17:06 pm   Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm

I know now that 'come in' is a phrasal verb. It means to arrive. I was trapped the word 'tomorrow' (like on Monday, Tomorrow, etc). Now, I understand.

Many thanks Mr. Micawber for you corrections. It really helps me.
Watie

Location: Indonesia

Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:20 am   Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm

the same happened to me. I was trapped by the word "tomorrow"
Gsheasha

to mail in our store receipt???which one is the best english?Test incompl/elem-191, Question 4Is the comma correct here?thanks for yr help!more mobile societyTest incompl/elem-177, Question 7What does 'the pants off of me' mean?Why are goat's babies called 'kids'?expense vs. optionDifference between a journey, trip, tourWhere shoulld be use HAVING?Phrasal verb: turn up