Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

perfect; imaginary; excellent; best; exemplary
vacant
ideal
exclusive
portable
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Phrasal verb turn out | six routes serve???
listening exercises
Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:29 am   Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #153 "Dialogue Practice: Making a Dentist Appointment", question 4

Secretary: Hi, I'm back. Can you come ......... tomorrow at 1:00 pm?

(a) above
(b) on
(c) in
(d) before

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #153 "Dialogue Practice: Making a Dentist Appointment", answer 4

Secretary: Hi, I'm back. Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm?

Correct answer: (c) in

Your answer was: incorrect
Secretary: Hi, I'm back. Can you come on tomorrow at 1:00 pm?

Why should "Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm?" instead of "Can you come on tomorrow at 1:00 pm?"?
Is it means that she comes at the office before 1.00 pm?

Many thanks for the incoming answers.
Watie
I'm here quite often ;-)

Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:41 am   Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm

Both 'on' and 'at' are wrong. She comes to the office and then she comes into the office.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 17:06 pm   Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm

I know now that 'come in' is a phrasal verb. It means to arrive. I was trapped the word 'tomorrow' (like on Monday, Tomorrow, etc). Now, I understand.

Many thanks Mr. Micawber for you corrections. It really helps me.
Watie
I'm here quite often ;-)

Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:20 am   Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pm

the same happened to me. I was trapped by the word "tomorrow"
Gsheasha
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Phrasal verb turn out | six routes serve???
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
to mail in our store receipt???which one is the best english?Test incompl/elem-191, Question 4Is the comma correct here?thanks for yr help!more mobile societyTest incompl/elem-177, Question 7What does 'the pants off of me' mean?Why are goat's babies called 'kids'?expense vs. optionDifference between a journey, trip, tourWhere shoulld be use HAVING?Phrasal verb: turn up