to make an outline; to draw up in written form; to conscript; to draw out and separate
connote
entrust
draft
fix

Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"?

What is the difference between wore and wear? | It could be "I think I just want to stay at home this weekend"?
Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"? #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:10 am   Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"?

ESL/EFL Test #158 "Weekend Activities: Verbs (2)", question 8

We haven't gone out in a long time. Let's ......... dancing. There's a really great nightclub down the street, and the DJ is really good too.

(a) be
(b) go
(c) do
(d) stretch

ESL/EFL Test #158 "Weekend Activities: Verbs (2)", answer 8

We haven't gone out in a long time. Let's go dancing. There's a really great nightclub down the street, and the DJ is really good too.

Correct answer: (b) go

We haven't gone out in a long time. Let's do dancing. There's a really great nightclub down the street, and the DJ is really good too.
_________________________

Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"?
I knows "go shopping" but in this sentence they want to do dancing.

Please, correct me.

Many thanks for the incoming explanations.
Watie

Location: Indonesia

Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"? #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:36 am   Why doesn't the answer "do dancing"?

No, they want to go dancing. English speakers go dancing, swimming, shopping, golfing, skiing, surfing and many other activities that include movement.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the difference between before and in front of?Could we say "It comes between February and December"?Could I also say "Would you like a reminder calling tomorrow?Could we say "His birthday is on the next Saturday?"Could we say 'Store Clerk: Sure. If I order some more today, they should have...'Who or what are the boys in blue?Here is what I do when I get home after work..."I'll want to salad with that"? is it right?your body temperature. increasesCould I also say "they have a runny or stuffy nose"?Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles?Warmest season vs. hottest seasonUsage of air conditioners