simply; in an unembellished manner; clearly
plain
smoothly
tight
drastically

"Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co."

Warmest season vs. hottest season | Meaning of "between you and me"
"Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co." #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:11 pm   "Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co."

ESL/EFL Test #99 "Student Teacher Dialogue (2)", question 9

Teacher: Good question. T and one O is the preposition and T and double O often means extra as in: This exercise is too difficult. And don't forget the third word also sounding the same -- the ......... two.

(a) finger
(b) figurine
(c) thumb
(d) number

ESL/EFL Test #99 "Student Teacher Dialogue (2)", answer 9

Teacher: Good question. T and one O is the preposition and T and double O often means extra as in: This exercise is too difficult. And don't forget the third word also sounding the same -- the number two.

Correct answer: (d) number

_________________________

Whic is correct?

"Earlier XYZ&Co."
or
"Formerly XYZ&Co."

Mirko
Mirko

"Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co." #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 28, 2009 13:12 pm   "Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co."

formerly
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Sentence: Sunglasses protect your eyes against the sun's (direct) harsh blaze...Can we use Font size in this sentence or is it too technical...decay vs. rotWhat is the difference between before and in front of?It could be "I think I just want to stay at home this weekend"?Difference between snowflakes, hailstones and icicles?Usage of air conditionersWhat does Landmarks mean?You can't miss it because it is enormous. vs You can't avoid it because it is...haven't forgotten -- present perfectWhy 'death and taxes'? Would like to know the origin of the phrase.Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother?'member of the gym' vs 'member by the gym'