right to live in a country; condition of being a member of a country
element
straight
suggestion
citizenship

Can we use Font size in this sentence or is it too technical...

Sentence: Sunglasses protect your eyes against the sun's (direct) harsh blaze... | Swear vs. admit
Can we use Font size in this sentence or is it too technical... #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 29, 2009 14:20 pm   Can we use Font size in this sentence or is it too technical...

ESL/EFL Test #125 "Real Life: Accessories and Clothing (2)", question 5

My mother wears reading ......... because her eyes can't focus on the small print in books, newspapers, magazines etc.

(a) hats
(b) glasses
(c) rings
(d) polish

ESL/EFL Test #125 "Real Life: Accessories and Clothing (2)", answer 5

My mother wears reading glasses because her eyes can't focus on the small print in books, newspapers, magazines etc.

Correct answer: (b) glasses
_________________________

Can we use Font size in this sentence or is it too technical:

Her eyes can't focus on the small font size in books etc.

Ali
Aliraf62

Location: Sweden

Can we use Font size in this sentence or is it too technical... #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 29, 2009 23:14 pm   Can we use Font size in this sentence or is it too technical...

It's possible, Ali, but as you say, overly technical for this context.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
gift vs. givenWhy does the word 'advices' not exist?What is your word for 'fun'?Psychiatrist vs psychologist vs psychotherapist vs psychoanalyst?decay vs. rot"Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co."Why 'death and taxes'? Would like to know the origin of the phrase.Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother?'member of the gym' vs 'member by the gym'Both of my parents vs. Lots of my parentsMeaning of "between you and me"Meaning of hibernateDifference between 'believe' and 'believe in'