to ask for an identification (i.e. in a bar)
fetch
card
grasp
drop

Sentence: Sunglasses protect your eyes against the sun's (direct) harsh blaze...

What does the phrasal verb 'make out' mean? Is it an idiom? | Can we use Font size in this sentence or is it too technical...
Sentence: Sunglasses protect your eyes against the sun's (direct) harsh blaze... #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 29, 2009 14:25 pm   Sentence: Sunglasses protect your eyes against the sun's (direct) harsh blaze...

ESL/EFL Test #125 "Real Life: Accessories and Clothing (2)", question 3

I often wear sunglasses when it's really sunny in order to protect my ......... from the sun's harsh glare.

(a) ears
(b) nose
(c) eyes
(d) finger

ESL/EFL Test #125 "Real Life: Accessories and Clothing (2)", answer 3

I often wear sunglasses when it's really sunny in order to protect my eyes from the sun's harsh glare.

Correct answer: (c) eyes
_________________________

Does blaze too connote unpleasantness in this context:
Sunglasses protect your eyes against the sun's (direct) harsh blaze.

Ali
Aliraf62

Location: Sweden

Sentence: Sunglasses protect your eyes against the sun's (direct) harsh blaze... #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 29, 2009 23:13 pm   Sentence: Sunglasses protect your eyes against the sun's (direct) harsh blaze...

It is not a natural collocation.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
gift vs. givenWhy does the word 'advices' not exist?What is your word for 'fun'?Psychiatrist vs psychologist vs psychotherapist vs psychoanalyst?decay vs. rot"Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co."Warmest season vs. hottest seasonWhy 'death and taxes'? Would like to know the origin of the phrase.Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother?'member of the gym' vs 'member by the gym'Both of my parents vs. Lots of my parentsMeaning of "between you and me"Swear vs. admit