certificate; written file
paper
ambivalence
document
calendar

I was working when you called?

Meaning of hibernate | like vs. unlike
I was working when you called? #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 30, 2009 15:02 pm   I was working when you called?

ESL/EFL Test #165 "Grammar Crunch (4)", question 8

I ......... working on the computer when you called.

(a) am
(b) was
(c) is
(d) are

ESL/EFL Test #165 "Grammar Crunch (4)", answer 8

I was working on the computer when you called.

Correct answer: (b) was

I am working on the computer when you called.
_________________________

I thought it was I was working on the computer when you called, because it's something in the past? I am working on the computer when you called sounds a bit odd to me.. is it correct?

Ane x
Ane x

I was working when you called? #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 31, 2009 0:09 am   I was working when you called?

sure.
Here you are using the past tense with the past continuos...we use them togother in a case that you were doing something in and then someone or something interepted you but this should be in past and in specific time for example: yesterday I was doing my homework when my phone rang
Sandy1

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
I was working when you called? #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 31, 2009 18:53 pm   I was working when you called?

I still didn't get it! Can somebody explain it with better examples?
Gkukreti

Meaning of hibernate | like vs. unlike
What is the meaning of style?Tortoise and the Hare?Found on the hands?Exposed to the elementstake a turn, exit or a rampWhat does 'brought over' mean?gift vs. givenWhy does the word 'advices' not exist?What is your word for 'fun'?Psychiatrist vs psychologist vs psychotherapist vs psychoanalyst?Expression "The pasta was kind of bland"Both of my parents vs. Lots of my parentsSwear vs. admit