Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to assume; to anticipate; to hope
expect
amend
paint
wait
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is your word for 'fun'?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Psychiatrist vs psychologist vs psychotherapist vs psychoanalyst? | Both of my parents vs. Lots of my parents
listening exercises
What is your word for 'fun'? #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 30, 2009 15:42 pm   What is your word for 'fun'?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #559 "English Slang Idioms (301)", question 1

"I just purchased a restaurant in town about a month ago. I am still working on the menu and finding suppliers but my ......... will be open in two weeks if you two would like to come," Grant said to Josh and Amanda.

(a) register
(b) doors
(c) menu
(d) arms

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #559 "English Slang Idioms (301)", answer 1

"I just purchased a restaurant in town about a month ago. I am still working on the menu and finding suppliers but my doors will be open in two weeks if you two would like to come," Grant said to Josh and Amanda.

Correct answer: (b) doors

i want to submit my word for fun, along with a sentence and its definition. i want to see if anyone else knows it or uses it.
Vunny

Psychiatrist vs psychologist vs psychotherapist vs psychoanalyst? | Both of my parents vs. Lots of my parents
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
like vs. unliketake a turn, exit or a rampgift vs. givenWhy does the word 'advices' not exist?I was working when you called?Sentence: Sunglasses protect your eyes against the sun's (direct) harsh blaze...Can we use Font size in this sentence or is it too technical...decay vs. rotWhy did Timothy draw a picture for his mother?'member of the gym' vs 'member by the gym'Meaning of hibernateSwear vs. admitDifference between 'believe' and 'believe in'