to load; to oppress; to burden; to regard; to esteem
become
distract
evade
weight

What would you do if you had this amount of money?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

2010 and we still get this? | I want to say this...
What would you do if you had this amount of money? #31 (permalink) Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:39 am   What would you do if you had this amount of money?

I think they will start by buying a home, clothes and food.

As you know, they certainly dream with a safe home, nice clothes and delicious food so that they will not feel hungry anymore.
Amina Fcb

Location: Algeria

What would you do if you had this amount of money? #32 (permalink) Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:55 am   What would you do if you had this amount of money?

Hi Happytofita and all,

I have seen some people who complaining about they were not successful because they did not have money or not enough money to fulfill their dreams. According to them, money was the most important factor that decided they would achieve their goals. However, I think it is not easy to answer Happytofita’s question “What would you do if you had this amount of money?”

Why? Because if someone tells him that he/she will give some for poor people, some for his/ her family, and he/ she will use the rest for a luxury life, like buying a new house, a new car, new furniture, diamond and parties with friends, etc. Is it good? Yes, it is. It will be good for you and your family, but just in a short term.

Few people who had won the lottery ticket with a lots of money. On the day they got the award, no one might thought the money would disappear in someday in future. However, some of them had wasted their lucky money, and they only realized it when nothing left with them. These people came back again with their poor life before with many regrets that they did not use their money wisely.

Normally, a person only sees the positive things of the money, not the negative things. He/she might loose his/her peace of mind, he/she might fight with his/her partner because of the argument “How to use this amount of money?” which would never end and create a lot of headache.

I also have read stories about people, who struggled many difficulties to become billionaires. Some people started with little money, but they made it big and bigger, and bigger. From being poor, taking up all kinds of odd jobs, they have proved that nothing is impossible.

Coming back to the question “What would you do if you had this amount of money?” my answer is I'd follow people who know how to invest the money to make it bigger, and my investment would help many people to have jobs, salaries and better lives. However, this work would require a lot of knowledge and good qualities, and only studying and working hard could help.

Thank you for reading my message. I'd greatly appreciate your comments.

Hoado
_________________
Hoadong
Hoadong

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What would you do if you had this amount of money? #33 (permalink) Fri Apr 23, 2010 18:16 pm   What would you do if you had this amount of money?

Hi Torsten , the books I wanna study are books of history , cause we 've a very hard module named culture of roman and greece civilization . Then , i'll give poor peopleall what they wanna:feed; clothes,houses.We should be egual and all doors should be open for us!
Abir

Location: English world

What would you do if you had this amount of money? #34 (permalink) Wed Jun 02, 2010 23:21 pm   What would you do if you had this amount of money?

If I had this amount of money, I would become crazy or I would:
1- Build charity homes all over the world for needy people.
2- Build hospitals.
3- Build a castle in every touristic place in the world.
4- Build touristic resorts.
and the last thing, I would build a hospital for crazy people just to be the first one getting in there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Soumaya

Location: Tunisia

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Why is this site free of charge?I want to improve my English!GlobishPhet Cyclone!I must be getting oldWhich one is first to study; the English grammar or vocabularies?Tap your inner geniusEU BID TO RAISE RETIREMENT TO 70I am going to the downtown. vs I am going downtown.i don't understandFrustrated in teaching?Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?what is your fav. website