occurrence; occasion; example; illustration
carpenter
instance
safety
leather

what is the expression of hot off the press?

What does this phrase mean: 'turn it in'? Is it an idiom? | What is the meaning of lambs?
what is the expression of hot off the press? #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:56 am   what is the expression of hot off the press?

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #19 "Hot expressions", question 3

He can never wait for the next issue of his favourite magazine and likes to get a copy that's hot off the press.

(a) nice and clean
(b) not cold
(c) smells good
(d) just printed

ESL/EFL Test #19 "Hot expressions", answer 3

He can never wait for the next issue of his favourite magazine and likes to get a copy that's just printed.

Correct answer: (d) just printed
_________________________

Limbo
Limbo

what is the expression of hot off the press? #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:52 am   what is the expression of hot off the press?

Just published; just announced
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What are billboards?What does set the world on fire mean?What does furry mean?"bird of a different color" vs "bird of the same feathers"'the hard shorts the CEO' vs 'the big shorts the CEO'What does platypus mean?What is a platypuse?adjust vs. adaptWhat does 'this business really suits me' mean?Found on the hands?What is the meaning of gross pay?why is an article "a", but not "the"?meaning of gracious