summary; synopsis; abstract; CV; curriculum vitae
ambition
associate
resume
breakdown

"bird of a different color" vs "bird of the same feathers"

'the hard shorts the CEO' vs 'the big shorts the CEO' | What does furry mean?
"bird of a different color" vs "bird of the same feathers" #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 06, 2010 15:22 pm   "bird of a different color" vs "bird of the same feathers"

"Hi James. You would like me to work on your car? I do work on cars but they are all old cars. Your car is a bird of a different .......... Your car, being newer, has a lot of computerized parts that are not present in older cars. I don't have the equipment or the knowledge to fix newer cars like yours. I am sorry," James said to Zack.

(a) feather
(b) flight pattern
(c) color
(d) animal

"Hi James. You would like me to work on your car? I do work on cars but they are all old cars. Your car is a bird of a different feather. Your car, being newer, has a lot of computerized parts that are not present in older cars. I don't have the equipment or the knowledge to fix newer cars like yours. I am sorry," James said to Zack.

Correct answer: (a) feather
_________________________

please can u differentiate btw bird of a different color and bird of the same feathers for me please.
please also give well explanatory of this test for me.

Blessingg
Blessingg

"bird of a different color" vs "bird of the same feathers" #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:50 am   "bird of a different color" vs "bird of the same feathers"

"A bird of a different colour" means in another class or category.

A person who dabbles in repairing normal cars would consider a Porsche or similar would refer to that class of car in this way.

"A bird of the same feather" might refer to a person who forms relationships with another of the same personality.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
current assets vs. fixed assetsWhat is the largest body of water surrounded by land?How do you put 50 books in 9 shelfs in odd number with no shelf empty?What are billboards?What does set the world on fire mean?what is the expression of hot off the press?What does platypus mean?What is a platypuse?What does 'this business really suits me' mean?What is the meaning of lambs?What is the meaning of gross pay?why is an article "a", but not "the"?meaning of gracious