Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to notch; to groove; to assign to a place or position (in an organization, system, etc.)
slot
prohibit
solve
fertilize
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

double past tense?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does covered mean? | Seriously, shouldn't it be THEIR for everybody, anybody, nobody?
listening exercises
double past tense? #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 13, 2010 15:57 pm   double past tense?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #788 "Grammar Crunch (2)", question 6

I ......... at the beautiful sunset and instantly felt relaxed and calm.

(a) look
(b) to look
(c) looked
(d) looking

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #788 "Grammar Crunch (2)", answer 6

I looked at the beautiful sunset and instantly felt relaxed and calm.

Correct answer: (c) looked

there is a mistake!!!!!!!
felt and relaxed is both in past tense
but it doesn't give double past tense
GermanGuy

double past tense? #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:11 am   double past tense?

No, no mistake. 'Felt' is the past tense verb here; it is a linking verb. 'Relaxed' is an adjective, like 'I felt tired/excited/interested' etc.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
double past tense? #3 (permalink) Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:39 am   double past tense?

There is no such phrase 'it doesn't give double past tense'. You must be German and you translated word by word 'Es gibt keine double past tense'. Clever guy ;-)

TOEIC listening, talks: A person announces a raffle explaining the rules and prizes
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

What does covered mean? | Seriously, shouldn't it be THEIR for everybody, anybody, nobody?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
have or must?Meaning of "Breathe one's last"Anyone should take her vacation through Rocky Mountains?Is correct to say: Nobody should give up on her dreams?What does 'roll' mean?What are interest rates?Future tense?current assets vs. fixed assetslook vs. watchSo tired (not 'much tired')What who does high gear mean?A 10 item or less lane?There should be spaces between the following words: restarting and union