forming of mental pictures to control bodily processes
benefit
lumber
imaging
origin

Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

'The boys are really' vs 'The boys being really' | whipped vs. struck
Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #1 (permalink) Sun Jan 17, 2010 14:18 pm   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

ESL/EFL Test #135 "Vocabulary Practice: Tigers (1)", question 1

Tigers are part of the cat or ......... family of animals.

(a) canine
(b) fish
(c) reptile
(d) feline

ESL/EFL Test #135 "Vocabulary Practice: Tigers (1)", answer 1

Tigers are part of the cat or feline family of animals.

Correct answer: (d) feline

Tigers are part of the cat or canine family of animals.
_________________________

please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

ndorajoseph@yahoo.com
Stupy

Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:18 am   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

Hello, Joseph,

Tigers are in fact members of the family Felidae, the feline or cat family, along with lions, leopards and domestic cats. Canidae (the canids) are the family of dogs, wolves, foxes, etc.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:00 am   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

Mister Micawber;

I didnt understand what you mean; but i want to ask; feline is a family or what?

I thing that canine, fish, and reptile are a known family...

but I dont know if feline is a family or what?

regards;
Ali
Alijmz

Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #4 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:32 am   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

No, your understanding of biological nomenclature is poor. In the simplest system:

Vertebrata is a subphylum of animals having a backbone. Vertebrata is composed of several classes.

Pisces is a class of vertebrates containing the fish.
Reptilia is a class of vertebrates containing the snakes, lizards, turtles and crocodilians.
Mammalia is a class of vertebrates containing all the mammals.

The classes are composed of many families. The class Mammalia contains about 140 families, two of which are Canidae (the dogs) and Felidae (the cats).
_________________

Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #5 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:24 am   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

Hi Alijmz,

'Feline' is the word used to describe animals like cats and other types of the same group in the same way that 'canine' is used to describe dogs and other types of the same group.

_________________

Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #6 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 13:01 pm   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

Thank you Mr. Micawber and Mr. Alan....

I understand what you mean

regards;
Ali
Alijmz

What does pass away mean?Short answer: yes, he does.Zebras look like stripes and horsesWhy doesn't 'clear' fit here?Idiomatic meaning of "I'm so burnt"Outlet StoresWhat is the meaning of hibernate?Every since that kid was murdered...No parrots on Google?Goods as a noun?me vs. myselfneed some help in finding useful textbooksA 10 item or less lane?