Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

forming of mental pictures to control bodily processes
benefit
lumber
imaging
origin
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
'The boys are really' vs 'The boys being really' | whipped vs. struck
listening exercises
Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #1 (permalink) Sun Jan 17, 2010 14:18 pm   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #135 "Vocabulary Practice: Tigers (1)", question 1

Tigers are part of the cat or ......... family of animals.

(a) canine
(b) fish
(c) reptile
(d) feline

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #135 "Vocabulary Practice: Tigers (1)", answer 1

Tigers are part of the cat or feline family of animals.

Correct answer: (d) feline

Your answer was: incorrect
Tigers are part of the cat or canine family of animals.

please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

thanks

ndorajoseph@yahoo.com
Stupy

Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:18 am   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

Hello, Joseph,

Tigers are in fact members of the family Felidae, the feline or cat family, along with lions, leopards and domestic cats. Canidae (the canids) are the family of dogs, wolves, foxes, etc.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:00 am   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

Mister Micawber;

I didnt understand what you mean; but i want to ask; feline is a family or what?

I thing that canine, fish, and reptile are a known family...

but I dont know if feline is a family or what?

regards;
Ali
Alijmz
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #4 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:32 am   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

No, your understanding of biological nomenclature is poor. In the simplest system:

Vertebrata is a subphylum of animals having a backbone. Vertebrata is composed of several classes.

Pisces is a class of vertebrates containing the fish.
Reptilia is a class of vertebrates containing the snakes, lizards, turtles and crocodilians.
Mammalia is a class of vertebrates containing all the mammals.

The classes are composed of many families. The class Mammalia contains about 140 families, two of which are Canidae (the dogs) and Felidae (the cats).

Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #5 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:24 am   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

Hi Alijmz,

'Feline' is the word used to describe animals like cats and other types of the same group in the same way that 'canine' is used to describe dogs and other types of the same group.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Please know the difference between feline and caninne family. #6 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 13:01 pm   Please know the difference between feline and caninne family.

Thank you Mr. Micawber and Mr. Alan....

I understand what you mean

regards;
Ali
Alijmz
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

'The boys are really' vs 'The boys being really' | whipped vs. struck
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does pass away mean?Short answer: yes, he does.Zebras look like stripes and horsesWhy doesn't 'clear' fit here?Idiomatic meaning of "I'm so burnt"Outlet StoresWhat is the meaning of hibernate?Every since that kid was murdered...No parrots on Google?Goods as a noun?me vs. myselfneed some help in finding useful textbooksA 10 item or less lane?