Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

further; more distant
upon
apart
beyond
between
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

difference between rock and jazz music?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Verb to have should be followed by past participle... | Meaning of insurmountable
listening exercises
difference between rock and jazz music? #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 18, 2010 18:44 pm   difference between rock and jazz music?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #152 "Dialogue Practice: Buying a Music CD (1)", question 2

Store Clerk: You can find that CD in the hard ......... music section.

(a) jazz
(b) classical
(c) children
(d) rock

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #152 "Dialogue Practice: Buying a Music CD (1)", answer 2

Store Clerk: You can find that CD in the hard rock music section.

Correct answer: (d) rock

Your answer was: incorrect
Store Clerk: You can find that CD in the hard jazz music section.

Hi everyone,
Can someone please explain the difference between rock and jazz.
I don't have any idea of western music.
thanks

M3h3m3,Manish Kumar Yadav
M3h3m3

difference between rock and jazz music? #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 19, 2010 17:00 pm   difference between rock and jazz music?

Hello,
I'm not a musician but this is my opinion about the differences between rock and jazz.
Jazz: is complex and there are a lot of instrumental parts to a jazz song. Instruments such as saxophones are used and the whole genre is quite free in form. Harry Connick Jr. is a well-known jazz musician.
Rock: encompasses a lot of different rock varieties such as soft rock, hard rock, heavy metal, goth music and classic rock. This genre uses instruments like electric guitars. For example, Nirvana was a rock band.
Do any of the other teachers have anything they would like to add to these brief descriptions?
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
difference between rock and jazz music? #3 (permalink) Fri Jan 22, 2010 20:21 pm   difference between rock and jazz music?

The point here that we just can't say "hard jazz", though. Sounds weird.
Puppet
I'm here quite often ;-)

differnce betwen jazz and rock #4 (permalink) Tue Jan 26, 2010 19:37 pm   differnce betwen jazz and rock

Thanks for your help
M3h3m3

Verb to have should be followed by past participle... | Meaning of insurmountable
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Meaning of 'Throw in one's lot with'Difference between occupy, gorge, blow, stuffTag for 'I am not your friend'What is "set the world on fire"?Meaning of souvenirsDifference among scare, scary, frighten, frightening, frightened'hen house' vs 'doldrums'Meaning of "secondhand stores"What does call the tune mean here?furnished the company?Many kinds of flowers bloom?What does tribute mean?fitted vs fit