Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to illustrate; to explain; to characterize; to elucidate
format
describe
party
chop
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Clear communication limits trade discrepancies.

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Difference between occupy, gorge, blow, stuff | Why thin instead of slim?
listening exercises
Clear communication limits trade discrepancies. #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 30, 2010 15:05 pm   Clear communication limits trade discrepancies.

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #450 "Hedge Fund Operational Risk", question 9

Additionally, there needs to be a clear ......... between those responsible for trading and trade reporting, to limit the possibility of trade discrepancies.

(a) communication
(b) distinction
(c) integration
(d) segregation

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #450 "Hedge Fund Operational Risk", answer 9

Additionally, there needs to be a clear segregation between those responsible for trading and trade reporting, to limit the possibility of trade discrepancies.

Correct answer: (d) segregation

Your answer was: incorrect
Additionally, there needs to be a clear communication between those responsible for trading and trade reporting, to limit the possibility of trade discrepancies.

I would think that segregation is to limit the possibility of conflicts of interest. Clear communication limits trade discrepancies.

Bubbas
Bubbas

Clear communication limits trade discrepancies. #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 31, 2010 13:08 pm   Clear communication limits trade discrepancies.

No, we are talking about auditing and fair operation concerns here.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between occupy, gorge, blow, stuff | Why thin instead of slim?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
difference between common and usual hereWe're going right after work.I'm going to a movie vs. I'm going to watch a movieMeaning of 'Throw in one's lot with'Meaning of stinksTag for 'I am not your friend'What is "set the world on fire"?What does 'knee high' mean?What is the difference between 'come up with' and 'come out with'?Phrase: I have possibly inherited this disabilityfitted vs fitWhat is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?Meaning of monotonous