Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

partitioning; department; faculty; ranking; level according to difficulty
elaboration
change
division
protection
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

A slang word for face

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Difference between there / in there | success will largely depend on
listening exercises
A slang word for face #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:15 pm   A slang word for face

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #298 "English Slang Idioms (20)", question 1

Whenhe dented the rear fender, his friend said, "Your car is so banged up, no one will ever notice that little mark. A slice off a cut ......... is never missed."

(a) cheese
(b) loaf
(c) lettuce
(d) bread

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #298 "English Slang Idioms (20)", answer 1

Whenhe dented the rear fender, his friend said, "Your car is so banged up, no one will ever notice that little mark. A slice off a cut loaf is never missed."

Correct answer: (b) loaf

A SLANG WORD FOR FACE

Bubbis
Bubbis

A slang word for face #2 (permalink) Thu Feb 04, 2010 14:18 pm   A slang word for face

mug

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
loaf #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 11, 2010 17:44 pm   loaf

Hello,

Don't this saying express also that if a loaf is cut off and you cut an other slice of bread nobody will notice it. As his car so banged up / not perfect here it is not whole than a loaf/ no one ever notice that little dent, it would pass in the others.

Kati Svaby

Test and other things #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 23:02 pm   Test and other things

Who deleted my photo about the score board. Yesterday I did this test, and today I do it for the third time. Today: 25 th November 2010.
Svaby kati

A slang word for face #5 (permalink) Sun Nov 06, 2011 15:08 pm   A slang word for face

Hi teacher,

I want to learn Idiom but I do not know where can I find the lesson. Coils you please show me the link? Thanks.

How do I know my name on the score board? Sometime, I answer all the question correct, but I don't see my name on the board. Thanks
Kietsjsu
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Difference between there / in there | success will largely depend on
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
negated byIn fact, a child...unsteady and giddy.with their features in the wrong placesWhat is an entablature?Change, fly, jog, eatWhy does Alice (in Wonderland) say so?what is "i'd"why" what" not "thatPhrase: Just a minute, you have just broken my case.Meaning of "gathered a bundle of"Statue instead of statusTime to spare