to try and obtain something through persuasion or earnest requests
cater
feature
infer
solicit

It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'?

Expression: Eat away on | simple past followed by simple present
It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'? #1 (permalink) Sat Feb 06, 2010 17:29 pm   It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'?

ESL/EFL Test #161 "Mobile telecommunication expressions", question 3

Before removing the battery from your phone, please ensure that the device is switched off and the ......... is disconnected from the handset.

(a) charger
(b) antenna
(c) ear piece
(d) infrared port

ESL/EFL Test #161 "Mobile telecommunication expressions", answer 3

Before removing the battery from your phone, please ensure that the device is switched off and the charger is disconnected from the handset.

Correct answer: (a) charger

Before removing the battery from your phone, please ensure that the device is switched off and the ear piece is disconnected from the handset.
_________________________

It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'? (charger is unrelated with handset)
Watie

Location: Indonesia

It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'? #2 (permalink) Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:41 am   It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'?

I have no idea what all those parts are either. It seems more a test of technological knowledge than of grammar.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'? #3 (permalink) Mon Feb 08, 2010 18:47 pm   It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'?

I guess he meant : the phone or - since we're talking about charger and the battery -we rather say 'a cell phone' is without a handset as we know. The handest only for the land phone. So we assume that the phrase has to be this way:

...... and the charger is removed.
Puppet

It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'? #4 (permalink) Tue Feb 09, 2010 14:45 pm   It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'?

Yes you are right Puppet. I meant it as 'a cell phone'. Handset we used it when we want to hear precisely. ;)
Watie

Location: Indonesia

newborn vs toddlerpuppies vs cubsall the body parts can be a verb?When i breathe with my mouth and lungs i take air into my lungs and inhale...Define export potential'A few' for countable nouns.On the horizon vs under the horizon.About feline also meaning of this word Is there any animal belongs to?Why might advertising have an impact many years after it appears?sort into vs. fall intooverpass vs. intersectionwith whom (or) whom ... withDifference between yet and already? Why is "yet" not appropriate here?