to assess; to appraise; to determine value; to grade; to classify; to sort
apply
pretend
itemize
rate

On the horizon vs under the horizon.

Quit talking | When i breathe with my mouth and lungs i take air into my lungs and inhale...
On the horizon vs under the horizon. #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am   On the horizon vs under the horizon.

ESL/EFL Test #651 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (24)", question 9

No, Mom. I am still not working. There are no jobs ......... the horizon either. I am not sure what I am going to do.

(a) in
(b) on
(c) out
(d) under

ESL/EFL Test #651 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (24)", answer 9

No, Mom. I am still not working. There are no jobs on the horizon either. I am not sure what I am going to do.

Correct answer: (b) on

No, Mom. I am still not working. There are no jobs under the horizon either. I am not sure what I am going to do.
_________________________

On the horizon vs under the horizon.
Z_Ali90

Location: Bhimber, Azad Kashmir, Pakistan

On the horizon vs under the horizon. #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 10, 2010 13:52 pm   On the horizon vs under the horizon.

'Under the horizon' is not used. 'Below the horizon' = a position of the sun before it has risen or after it has set. The idiom is 'on the horizon', which means 'in the near future'.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'Who' is a relative pronoun and is used to begin relative clauses...newborn vs toddlerpuppies vs cubsall the body parts can be a verb?Define export potential'A few' for countable nouns.simple past followed by simple presentAbout feline also meaning of this word Is there any animal belongs to?Why might advertising have an impact many years after it appears?Expression: Eat away onMeaning of 'Blow up'It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'?Statutes enacted by cities are called?