Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to assess; to appraise; to determine value; to grade; to classify; to sort
apply
pretend
itemize
rate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

On the horizon vs under the horizon.

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Quit talking | When i breathe with my mouth and lungs i take air into my lungs and inhale...
listening exercises
On the horizon vs under the horizon. #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am   On the horizon vs under the horizon.

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #651 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (24)", question 9

No, Mom. I am still not working. There are no jobs ......... the horizon either. I am not sure what I am going to do.

(a) in
(b) on
(c) out
(d) under

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #651 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (24)", answer 9

No, Mom. I am still not working. There are no jobs on the horizon either. I am not sure what I am going to do.

Correct answer: (b) on

Your answer was: incorrect
No, Mom. I am still not working. There are no jobs under the horizon either. I am not sure what I am going to do.

On the horizon vs under the horizon.
Z_Ali90

On the horizon vs under the horizon. #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 10, 2010 13:52 pm   On the horizon vs under the horizon.

'Under the horizon' is not used. 'Below the horizon' = a position of the sun before it has risen or after it has set. The idiom is 'on the horizon', which means 'in the near future'.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Quit talking | When i breathe with my mouth and lungs i take air into my lungs and inhale...
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
'Who' is a relative pronoun and is used to begin relative clauses...newborn vs toddlerpuppies vs cubsall the body parts can be a verb?Define export potential'A few' for countable nouns.simple past followed by simple presentAbout feline also meaning of this word Is there any animal belongs to?Why might advertising have an impact many years after it appears?Expression: Eat away onMeaning of 'Blow up'It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'?Statutes enacted by cities are called?