opposite of expensive; inexpensive
honest
manual
cheap
durable

'A few' for countable nouns.

Define export potential | Quit talking
'A few' for countable nouns. #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:58 am   'A few' for countable nouns.

ESL/EFL Test #249 "'Few', 'a little' and 'some' (1)", question 9

Despite their marketing efforts, the promoters only managed to sell a ......... CDs for the band this past year.

(a) few
(b) little
(c) some

ESL/EFL Test #249 "'Few', 'a little' and 'some' (1)", answer 9

Despite their marketing efforts, the promoters only managed to sell a few CDs for the band this past year.

Correct answer: (a) few

_________________________

that why is that answer

miriam
Stupy

'A few' for countable nouns. #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:40 am   'A few' for countable nouns.

'A few' for countable nouns. 'A some' is not possible grammar, and 'a little' is for mass nouns.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Define export potential | Quit talking
newborn vs toddlerpuppies vs cubsall the body parts can be a verb?When i breathe with my mouth and lungs i take air into my lungs and inhale...On the horizon vs under the horizon.simple past followed by simple presentAbout feline also meaning of this word Is there any animal belongs to?Why might advertising have an impact many years after it appears?overpass vs. intersectionExpression: Eat away onMeaning of 'Blow up'It could be 'the charger is disconnected from the phone'?Why is the answer 'backs'? Is is the substitute for 'body'?