Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

doctrine; tenet; precept; fundamental law; primary law on which other laws are based
acronym
principle
territory
rate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does 'bring forward' mean?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
"come up with" vs "come across" | Meaning of "bring off"
listening exercises
What does 'bring forward' mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:09 am   What does 'bring forward' mean?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #143 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'bring'", question 6

U2 will not ......... the online release of the band's new album, following news that it has been leaked onto the Internet.

(a) bring to
(b) bring forward
(c) bring back
(d) bring up

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #143 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'bring'", answer 6

U2 will not bring forward the online release of the band's new album, following news that it has been leaked onto the Internet.

Correct answer: (b) bring forward

Your answer was: incorrect
U2 will not bring back the online release of the band's new album, following news that it has been leaked onto the Internet.

Does "bring forward" means "go on with", "continue", or "talk about"? I don't understand the meaning.
Baubau
You can meet me at english-test.net

What does 'bring forward' mean? #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:55 am   What does 'bring forward' mean?

'Bring forward' = do earlier

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'bring forward' mean? #3 (permalink) Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:00 pm   What does 'bring forward' mean?

Thank you, I must admit it took me some time to understand this sentence.
Baubau
You can meet me at english-test.net

What does 'bring forward' mean? #4 (permalink) Fri Sep 30, 2011 13:17 pm   What does 'bring forward' mean?

U2 will not do earlier the online release of the band's new albumfollowing news that it has been leaked onto the Internet- please tell me what does 'following' concern and what does it mean: to leak onto?

many, many thanks
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What does 'bring forward' mean? #5 (permalink) Fri Sep 30, 2011 14:04 pm   What does 'bring forward' mean?

U2 will not bring forward the online release of the band's new album, following news that it has been leaked onto the Internet.

'Following' = after
'Leak' = supply unauthorized information. You have heard of WikiLeaks, I hope.

"come up with" vs "come across" | Meaning of "bring off"
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What does "front me" mean?he packs a mean punchAmerican management is very results drivenredundancywhat is the difference?What's the meaning of bring back?Phrase "Are you going to wait any longer"Meaning of "bring over" and "bring to"What vs. whichThe meaning of the verb "to come by"Smash, crash, clash, hashMeaning of 'znooze'Why don't we use will or could?