this being the case; since (used in formal documents)
esteem
stationery
whereas
acquaintance

"go play in traffic"

I came ... with fever and i need to go to the hospital. | "He must have got me to make five concessions"
"go play in traffic" #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:24 am   "go play in traffic"

"You kids have to leave me alone while I work. I need to concentrate. Instead of bothering me, why don't you go play in .........?" Sam said to his bothersome children.

(a) sand
(b) field
(c) traffic
(d) lake

"You kids have to leave me alone while I work. I need to concentrate. Instead of bothering me, why don't you go play in traffic?" Sam said to his bothersome children.

Correct answer: (c) traffic

"You kids have to leave me alone while I work. I need to concentrate. Instead of bothering me, why don't you go play in sand?" Sam said to his bothersome children.
_________________________

"go play in traffic" - is this correct?
Baubau

"go play in traffic" #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 17, 2010 13:57 pm   "go play in traffic"

Yes. It is a cruel-sounding idiom, but it is a joking way to tell children not to bother you.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
withdrawal vs withrawalCostume not cotumeWhat does 'get wired' mean?What is a toddler?I need some money!What does engage in horse play mean?Flock of birds?Keep up the good work!But to each to his own - I guess the second "to" is a typo.To be in the hen house"Coming to call"Is "coming on hard" the same with "coming on strong"?At the end of the day?