Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

distinction; unusual quality; disagreement; remainder
difference
agenda
forecaster
midmorning
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Costume not cotume

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Flock of birds? | What does 'get wired' mean?
listening exercises
Costume not cotume #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 18, 2010 20:13 pm   Costume not cotume

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #419 "English Slang Idioms (159)", question 7

"This homemade greenhouse is designed to keep the heat in -- after a .......... There are some cracks in the sides of it but I think it still does the job," Chris told Adam.

(a) cotume
(b) uniform
(c) fashion
(d) flare

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #419 "English Slang Idioms (159)", answer 7

"This homemade greenhouse is designed to keep the heat in -- after a fashion. There are some cracks in the sides of it but I think it still does the job," Chris told Adam.

Correct answer: (c) fashion

Your answer was: incorrect
"This homemade greenhouse is designed to keep the heat in -- after a flare. There are some cracks in the sides of it but I think it still does the job," Chris told Adam.

The first answer (cotume) must be a typo.
Baubau
You can meet me at english-test.net

Costume not cotume #2 (permalink) Thu Feb 18, 2010 20:19 pm   Costume not cotume

Many thanks for pointing this out! I'll get changed with out next update.

TOEIC short conversations: A woman tells her friend how busy she is with her work
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Flock of birds? | What does 'get wired' mean?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
"draw a bead"What is a hard back version?How could you do this to me vs. Why could you do this to me?withdrawal vs withrawalMeaning of "all-you-can-eat buffet"coversing vs conversingwhat are the government people suppose to do?What is a toddler?I need some money!What does engage in horse play mean?"He must have got me to make five concessions""go play in traffic"I came ... with fever and i need to go to the hospital.