tenacious; stubborn; constant; continual; diligent
found
competitive
frisky
persistent

Meaning of "all-you-can-eat buffet"

withdrawal vs withrawal | coversing vs conversing
Meaning of "all-you-can-eat buffet" #1 (permalink) Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:58 am   Meaning of "all-you-can-eat buffet"

I am never going to take Grace to an all-you-can-eat buffet again. She ate like a .........-- she only had one plate of food!

(a) pig
(b) chicken
(c) bird
(d) mouse

I am never going to take Grace to an all-you-can-eat buffet again. She ate like a bird-- she only had one plate of food!

Correct answer: (c) bird
_________________________

IN IDIOMATIC EXPRESSIONS, WHAT DOES TO EAT ONCE WORD MEANS?

Vista
Vista

Meaning of "all-you-can-eat buffet" #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 19, 2010 14:48 pm   Meaning of "all-you-can-eat buffet"

to eat one's words = to retract one's statement, esp. with humility: 'They predicted his failure, but he made them eat their words'.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Why do vampire bats like human blood?"for everything he was worth""haul it off""draw a bead"What is a hard back version?How could you do this to me vs. Why could you do this to me?what are the government people suppose to do?Costume not cotumeWhat does 'get wired' mean?What is a toddler?I need some money!What does engage in horse play mean?"He must have got me to make five concessions"