to make equal
plug
balance
match
defect

Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words?

two times now? | What is the meaning of bear comparison?
Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words? #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:19 pm   Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words?

ESL/EFL Test #796 "Where, Why, What, When and How (4)", question 7

......... did you give her a Christmas present this year? I thought you guys weren't talking anymore.

(a) What
(b) When
(c) Where
(d) Why

ESL/EFL Test #796 "Where, Why, What, When and How (4)", answer 7

Why did you give her a Christmas present this year? I thought you guys weren't talking anymore.

Correct answer: (d) Why

What did you give her a Christmas present this year? I thought you guys weren't talking anymore.
_________________________

Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words.

English Learner nelko
nelko

Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words? #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 am   Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words?

Hello English Learner Nelko,
'You guys' is an informal variation of 'you' (plural form).
You can use this expression, when referring to two or more people, in a variety of different ways.
For example, "You guys shouldn't argue so much." OR "You guys are doing a very good job."
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
in 'behavior that can' that is redundantWhat does 'my heart sank' mean?nevermindI here vs. I hear"in good stead"What does in one fell swoop mean?"his pride was getting the best of him"Difference among alliances, mergers, acqusitions and consoloidationsDifference between a securitisation company and reconstruction companyWhy it sounds very likely also?Usage of "the letter box made up"Usage of the word "thru""dry behind the ears"