to give one thing in return for another; to replace one thing with another; to trade; to barter
exchange
mobilize
trust
instance

two times now?

"his pride was getting the best of him" | Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words?
two times now? #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 22, 2010 18:53 pm   two times now?

"I need to study for a long time in order to pass my final exams. I have ......... off too much this semester and now I have to learn everything now that I should have learned earlier," Walter said to Ben.

(a) goofed
(b) played
(c) made
(d) raked

"I need to study for a long time in order to pass my final exams. I have goofed off too much this semester and now I have to learn everything now that I should have learned earlier," Walter said to Ben.

Correct answer: (a) goofed

_________________________

"now I have to learn everything now that I should have learned earlier" - I guess the second now is a typo, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Baubau

two times now? #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:21 am   two times now?

Yes, it's a typo. Good catch. We'll change that right away.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
in 'behavior that can' that is redundantWhat does 'my heart sank' mean?nevermindI here vs. I hear"in good stead"What is the meaning of bear comparison?What does in one fell swoop mean?Difference among alliances, mergers, acqusitions and consoloidationsDifference between a securitisation company and reconstruction companyWhy it sounds very likely also?Usage of "the letter box made up"Usage of the word "thru"Meaning of "Short and stout"