to glide; to sneak; to slide; to decline; to deteriorate; to make a mistake
detect
neglect
provide
slip

What is the meaning of bear comparison?

Can yoy explain me 'you guys' with other words? | "in good stead"
What is the meaning of bear comparison? #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 am   What is the meaning of bear comparison?

ESL/EFL Test #69 "Bearing Information", question 10

Quite honestly the two cases are so completely different that they really don't bear ..........

(a) confirmation
(b) contrast
(c) comprehension
(d) comparison

ESL/EFL Test #69 "Bearing Information", answer 10

Quite honestly the two cases are so completely different that they really don't bear comparison.

Correct answer: (d) comparison
_________________________

What is the meaning of bear comparison? Please explain for me. Thanks

Lin29VN
Stupy

What is the meaning of bear comparison? #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:51 am   What is the meaning of bear comparison?

bear = endure
'They don't bear comparison' means that a comparison between them would be useless or irrelevant or unproductive.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What comes after single, double, triple?in 'behavior that can' that is redundantWhat does 'my heart sank' mean?nevermindI here vs. I hearWhat does in one fell swoop mean?"his pride was getting the best of him"two times now?Difference among alliances, mergers, acqusitions and consoloidationsDifference between a securitisation company and reconstruction companyWhy it sounds very likely also?Usage of the word "thru""dry behind the ears"