to judge an object's value; to appraise; to assess; to guess
document
access
estimate
overwhelm

With best wishes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Don't, | How does a drive-through bank work?
With best wishes #16 (permalink) Mon Mar 22, 2010 14:51 pm   With best wishes

Nicely told.. Its been good to be here..!!

100% of problems of any kind could be settle / finished just by talks.. and humbleness for sure..!!

If at all the problem is with the the other one just be humble and let them know yhey were wrong in blaming u .. and if the problem is with you .. it is much easier to be humble .. right..!! Anyways the problem was solved..!! I was impressed by this forum vary much and started thinking +ve .. Thanks for that..!!

If you got anything wrong in this post please feel free to flush me out of here..!!

But we should be polite and humble at everything so that you can have a better results for sure..!!

.
Samuel.!!

.
Samuelcpaul

With best wishes #17 (permalink) Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 am   With best wishes

Hi Alan,

Your essay is great as usual - so interesting facts and so useful expressions.

Thank you once again,

Yuri
_________________
Everything is Anything.

Please NO Youtube on "My first steps in English" thread... Yuri Zverev
Yuri Yurinov

Location: Russia

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Many thanks! #18 (permalink) Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:43 am   Many thanks!

Dear Alan,

Your essay was wonderfull,but I have a question in these time when the first Stamp was made....How were them transported and which Cities were important to sent the Letter.

Regards

Carlos.
Carlos

With best wishes #19 (permalink) Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:49 am   With best wishes

hi Alan... i really liked all the mails i am getting from you.. all are amazing and superb . they enhanced my knowledge and provide me enormously efficacious ideas about english . moreover i really really liked this essay of yours. i liked the term - suspension of disbelief. thank you so much ... you are my favourite.
Aanchal

With best wishes #20 (permalink) Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:50 am   With best wishes

boni nelson
Aanchal

With best wishes #21 (permalink) Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:50 am   With best wishes

regards
Aanchal
India
Aanchal

o #22 (permalink) Sun Aug 29, 2010 13:10 pm   o

Math2009m

Location: Yemen

With best wishes #23 (permalink) Thu Sep 02, 2010 15:05 pm   With best wishes

dear sir,
i'm fond of english literature english culture i want to know the unknow thing (nut & bolt) of english.
sir please send some modern english word
1.modern or ordinary english and crporate english.(compersion)
Uday4

With best wishes #24 (permalink) Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:54 am   With best wishes

Dear Alan,
I really appreciate your essay. I wish i was eager to improve English when i began studying it in 1982. Now , i am not fond of it as i used to be. I must confess you that i afeel good reading your rticles or whatever. It makes me feel good.
Thans a lot.
JOsafá(Natal-RN-Brazil
Josafa

With best wishes #25 (permalink) Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:23 pm   With best wishes

Hi Alan,
I have received so many news letter from you, but one problem with me is that i can not remove my grammatical mistake. If you have any good trick for this please write me.
Atul
Atul3

With best wishes #26 (permalink) Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:44 am   With best wishes

[color=blue]Dear Towsen,

How are you??? This week essay is amazing. I really enjoyed it. Thank you very much

Regards
Suresh Kumar S
+91 99163 79820
Sureshkumar

Location: Bangalore

With best wishes #27 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 22:39 pm   With best wishes

Hi Alan,
I want to thank you for writing this essay , I knew much information about the letters from it.
Totaf

With best wishes #28 (permalink) Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:40 am   With best wishes

Suspension of disbelief, very interesting story. Well Alan, you're keeping us warm, the story is too expensive that I had to suspend my disbelief, I pose a while, But i want to ask, how long does it takes to compose a writeup like this one we are responding to? And where on earth do you get those story so much that is captivating our interest and time? Keep the good work going, i love you guys.

Warmest regards,

Abednego.
Kyona

With best wishes #29 (permalink) Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:30 am   With best wishes

Hi Allan Sir
Your Essay "With Best Wishes" was very good. Thank you for the same.
You have nicely written about postal service of past and present,
its functions are nowadays modified, it can be sent through either
post office or Courier Service.

How you are collecting past details and writing nicely I don't know sir.

Thank you

S.Shanthi
_________________
If you want Excellence,You must aim at perfection in our work.
Shanthisethuraman

With best wishes #30 (permalink) Thu Feb 24, 2011 16:42 pm   With best wishes

Hello Alan,

Thanks for your essay.

You are right we haven't met and I don't really know you. But I know some ones of your essays, I see every day your picture and I hear your voice. I don't have to give you 'suspension of disbelief ' because when I began to read your essay it happens by itself.

A great Hungarian poet Dezso Kosztolany wrote:

"Only stick and linen,
Not stick and linen
But a flag "

/Translated by me./

Or when I watch the last self portrait of Rembrandt I don't imagine there is only a canvas and paint. I see an very sad face, tears brimmed in his eye. Very moving.

Or in the Crime and Punishment the fictive mother of Raskolnikov says to her fictive son: " You can't do to me as much as wrong much as good you gave to me. /translated by me./

What a shocking. Because we believe in it.
Believability is the most important in a good art-work, I believe this, nowadays also.

About Wodehouse' thrown letters through the window reminded me the second World War when soldiers and deportees had been throwing out addressed slips of papers from the wagons and these slips - what a wander - arrived several times to the addressees.

The stamp also a fiction of the money. It would be a great luck if I happen to come across an used Penny Black. I don't imagine what I could do so much money.

Thanks again for this beautiful and very instructive essay.

Best Regards:

Who thinks that it is only stick and linen, the material became an noble idea.
_________________

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
how to prepare for speaking test in toefl®Sunbathing can be dangerousCould anyone suggest some podcasts or sites to learn about stress and intonation?Mobile phone scamApologies.Grammar scolds unite!How to be a President?Interesting article - the effects of speaking "the world's most dominant lanWhat are the interesting english learning methods?Staying Alive!Why English is the AAA Language in the world?Demonstrations in Turkey?Forgotten times.