voyage; sightseeing excursion; trip; route
tour
understatement
picture
season

Usage of "tit-for-trip"

Meaning of cold comfort | WHY? ...the month I like best, my favourite month...
Usage of "tit-for-trip" #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:55 am   Usage of "tit-for-trip"

"This tit-for-......... business is going to destroy our relationship. You shouldn't have done what you did to pay me back for hurting you earlier," Shannon said to Haley.

(a) that
(b) trip
(c) tat
(d) tip

"This tit-for-trip business is going to destroy our relationship. You shouldn't have done what you did to pay me back for hurting you earlier," Shannon said to Haley.

Correct answer: (b) trip

"This tit-for-tat business is going to destroy our relationship. You shouldn't have done what you did to pay me back for hurting you earlier," Shannon said to Haley.
_________________________

"tit-for-trip" - is this correct? And if yes, what does it mean?

Thanks in advance.
Baubau

Usage of "tit-for-trip" #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 01, 2010 21:02 pm   Usage of "tit-for-trip"

There's a mistake in this test - we'll correct it right away.
The answer is (c) tat. The expression is tit-for-tat. This expression refers to some kind of retaliation/payback/revenge or fair exchange.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Usage of "tit-for-trip" #3 (permalink) Sat Mar 20, 2010 14:03 pm   Usage of "tit-for-trip"

Furthermore, question 3 and 4 are the same, with the correct answer in N 3
_Philippe

why not burried? what is the meaning of nipped in this context?In terms of the other matter?By saying classic pyramid scheme what does it imply?What is the difference between capital assets and fixed assets?Meaning of 'outright win'?Send me or Send to me?I'm not in the business world or may have not come across except just answeringHow popular are these expressions?I can't understand a function of their original cost.Maybe nick name scratched in the corner?In my opinion this sentence is correct.Why is 'declare' incorrect?How can you define upset in sport terms?