avoiding; tending to shrink; elusive
downward
salient
tentative
evasive

He preys vs. he is preying

"Well, that's Kyle for you!" | What does this expression mean: 'hard at it'?
He preys vs. he is preying #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:57 am   He preys vs. he is preying

"I don't like my mom's new boyfriend. She likes him but I think he is just ......... on her for her money. He makes a third of what she makes and regularly asks her to buy him stuff," Maxine told.

(a) pushes
(b) packs
(c) prances
(d) preys

"I don't like my mom's new boyfriend. She likes him but I think he is just preys on her for her money. He makes a third of what she makes and regularly asks her to buy him stuff," Maxine told.

Correct answer: (d) preys

_________________________

Should it not be peying and not preys ?
Or maybe the 'is' should not be there.
Please could you explain the grammar of this sentence ?
_Philippe

He preys vs. he is preying #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:51 am   He preys vs. he is preying

Hi Philippe,

Many thanks for pointing this out. I've made the change and it'll go online with out next database update.

TOEIC short conversations: A bank customer is asking about her recent money transfer

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
In an organized manner?Keep a check on stationery suppliesrespect vs. in appreciationpairs of sentencesfurther vs fartherDifference between above the law and over the law...You will lose all of that money!'The largest jellyfish' vs 'The fastest jellyfish'O, Oh, Ah, Huh...'Lowdown' vs 'Low down'What is downsizing means?"put the bite on me"When to use 'off'?