to cite; to state a price; to offer a price
delete
take
quote
accept

I always think that the longest serving staff should look forward to retiring.

"that's all she wrote" | Sentence: Being a mother of 3 and working full-time was too much.
I always think that the longest serving staff should look forward to retiring. #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:55 am   I always think that the longest serving staff should look forward to retiring.

ESL/EFL Test #60 "Working Well", question 9

Some of the longest serving staff actually looked ......... to coming into work.

(a) on
(b) about
(c) through
(d) forward

ESL/EFL Test #60 "Working Well", answer 9

Some of the longest serving staff actually looked forward to coming into work.

Correct answer: (d) forward

_________________________

Dear teacher,
What does the sentence mean? And under what kind of background or context is it?
_________________
I have a dream and I want to know the secret of time and universe.
Zhangbaixiang

Location: Chinese

I always think that the longest serving staff should look forward to retiring. #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 06, 2010 14:51 pm   I always think that the longest serving staff should look forward to retiring.

It is just a common sentence. Do not look for deep meanings in every English utterance. It means that some of the senior staff still enjoy their work.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Sentences with lift?"he got out the paddle"None of the lights are OR none of the lights is?"he'll do right by her"Does this sentence mean the job market is becoming better?This sentence means the resume needs to be revised, doesn't it?What does 'tied up' mean?What does the cards are stacked against you mean?Differences between were and washIn an organized manner?respect vs. in appreciationPlease explain to me the meaning of "the casual dress code".Difference between Neither and Either