meaning; sense; importance; consequence; act of pointing out
signification
operation
seminar
assortment

"that's all she wrote"

Difference between Neither and Either | I always think that the longest serving staff should look forward to retiring.
"that's all she wrote" #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:53 am   "that's all she wrote"

"Well, that's all she .......... The suite is all finished and ready for the tenant," Max announced to his workers.

(a) wrote
(b) sang
(c) did
(d) said

"Well, that's all she wrote. The suite is all finished and ready for the tenant," Max announced to his workers.

Correct answer: (a) wrote

"Well, that's all she said. The suite is all finished and ready for the tenant," Max announced to his workers.
_________________________

I apologize, but I don't find any meaning in this. Is "that's all she wrote" an expression?

Thanks in advance.
Baubau

"that's all she wrote" #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 06, 2010 14:49 pm   "that's all she wrote"

Yes. 'That's all she wrote' is a fixed expression:

That's all she wrote! (American informal)
something that you say when something has come to an end and there is nothing more that you can say about it We went out twice - once to the movies and once to a restaurant and that's all she wrote.

_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
"he got out the paddle"None of the lights are OR none of the lights is?"he'll do right by her"Sentence: Being a mother of 3 and working full-time was too much.Does this sentence mean the job market is becoming better?This sentence means the resume needs to be revised, doesn't it?What does 'tied up' mean?What does the cards are stacked against you mean?Differences between were and washIn an organized manner?Keep a check on stationery suppliesrespect vs. in appreciationPlease explain to me the meaning of "the casual dress code".