complete; full; entire; healthy
compliant
major
funnelled
whole

"he'll do right by her"

This sentence means the resume needs to be revised, doesn't it? | "he got out the paddle"
"he'll do right by her" #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:15 am   "he'll do right by her"

"I think Manuel is a good choice for Lilly. I'm sure he'll do ......... by her. He's a good guy, and anyone can tell that he cares about her a lot," Zack said to Marsha.

(a) sure
(b) right
(c) good
(d) handy

"I think Manuel is a good choice for Lilly. I'm sure he'll do right by her. He's a good guy, and anyone can tell that he cares about her a lot," Zack said to Marsha.

Correct answer: (b) right

"I think Manuel is a good choice for Lilly. I'm sure he'll do good by her. He's a good guy, and anyone can tell that he cares about her a lot," Zack said to Marsha.
_________________________

Can someone please rephrase "he'll do right by her", I'm not sure I understand the meaning correctly.

Thanks in advance.
Baubau

"he'll do right by her" #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 07, 2010 13:24 pm   "he'll do right by her"

The phrase has many uses, but within the context of the exercise, I would read between-the-lines and say,
The female is probably pregnant and the the man will do the moral thing and marry her.

Thus, "He will do right by her."
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between since and farsterile vs fertileWhat does "there will be some kind of consideration" mean?Sentences with lift?None of the lights are OR none of the lights is?Sentence: Being a mother of 3 and working full-time was too much.Does this sentence mean the job market is becoming better?"that's all she wrote"I always think that the longest serving staff should look forward to retiring.What does 'tied up' mean?What does the cards are stacked against you mean?Differences between were and washPlease explain to me the meaning of "the casual dress code".