payment given for regularly scheduled performances or publications
subscription
loop
negligence
finance

Please give me some advice on my oral English

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
My first voice message | MY FIRST VOICE MESSAGE
Please give me some advice on my oral English #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:31 am   Please give me some advice on my oral English

Hello everyone,
From now on I'll constantly upload some voice messages here in the forum.
Please give me some advice on my oral English. Thanks in advance.
Loveyuxin

Please give me some advice on my oral English #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:52 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

1. You pronounce "favorite" with three syllables, when it really has only two [feivrɪt], not [fevorɪt].

2. You are pronouncing [h] as it is pronounced in Chinese. You need to open your throat and let the air pass with no resistance.

3. You don't pronounce the diphthongs in words like "I" and "they". You say [a] and [­ɛ] instead of [ai] and [­ei].

4. You need to practice linking between words. For example, when you say "I often", you say [aʔofɛn] with a glottal stop, but it should be [ayofən].

̪5. At the end of a word or syllable, you pronounce [n] as [ŋ]. For example, for "unlucky" you say [ʌŋləki], when it should be [ʌnləki]. This is a very common, stubborn mistake among Chinese. They say "gong" instead of "gone", and "sing" instead of "sin". So you can see that this mistake often causes them to say completely the wrong word.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Thank you very much! #3 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:20 am   Thank you very much!

Hello Jamie,
Thank you very much for you advice. Could you please read these words(favorite, having, gong,gone)for me?
I will appreciate it very much if you can give me a reply.
Sincerely yours,
loveyuxin
Loveyuxin

Thank you very much! #4 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 13:38 pm   Thank you very much!

Loveyuxin wrote:
Hello Jamie,
Sincerely yours,
loveyuxin

Thank you very much! #5 (permalink) Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 am   Thank you very much!

Hello Jamie,
Many thanks for your prompt answer. I am pleased to receive your valuable reply and I hope that you will continue to correct my pronunciation, intonation,voice and accent.
Best regards,
loveyuxin
Loveyuxin

Please give me some advice on my oral English #6 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:56 am   Please give me some advice on my oral English

Hello, i think think this is an interesting topic to practice oral English
Please give me some advices about my record
Shairlyn2612

Please give me some advice on my oral English #7 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

Avic wrote:
good day i am interested to join in Oral English Pronunciation.
Avic

Please give me some advice on my oral English #8 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:49 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

Hi, I am recording the mesage for an evaluation.
Best regards
Alexandra
Alexandranow

Location: Oradea Romania

Please give me some advice on my oral English #9 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 13:27 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

Hello Torsten ,
Well I all the time trying to post a message record on the forum and as always I follow the steps but when it comes to hiting the red record button it doesn't exciste on my page I don't if the problem is with my computer or sht else . please I need your help.
many thanks.
Assya

Please give me some advice on my oral English #10 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:10 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

Avic wrote:
Avic wrote:
Avic

For Shairlyn 2612 #11 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:16 pm   For Shairlyn 2612

For Shairlyn 2612: Pay more attention to the intonation of the whole sentence, I think you concentrate on the pronunciation of each word too much, make your sentence sound connected
Sevich

Location: China(but Russian)

Please give me some advice on my oral English #12 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:23 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

Please make comments on my pronunciation.
Sevich

Location: China(but Russian)

Please give me some advice on my oral English #13 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:27 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.
Armie

Please give me some advice on my oral English #14 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:29 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

Randiana

voice listening #15 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:37 pm   voice listening

dear torsten,i listenedto the voice records.but i can't catch all the words.please help me.
Manjusha

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
What book contains this?Speaking: Which sports are particulalry popular in your country?Back againDialect is beautiful, but I really donnt know how to differentiate them?My first message speakingAudio and Video Aids for improving EnglishImproving speaking skill through aloud readingToefl« speaking question :impressive celebrationWill you please just listen?This is just to let you know the voice recorder is working again....How to pronounce the word "Kyrgyzstan"?pronounciation of "sew"I have problem with recording voices