Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

payment given for regularly scheduled performances or publications
subscription
loop
negligence
finance
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Please give me some advice on my oral English

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
My first voice message | MY FIRST VOICE MESSAGE
listening exercises
Please give me some advice on my oral English #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:31 am   Please give me some advice on my oral English

Please activate Javascript in your browser to listen to this audio recording

2655 Listened
Download mp3 Click to listen

Hello everyone,
From now on I'll constantly upload some voice messages here in the forum.
Please give me some advice on my oral English. Thanks in advance.
Loveyuxin
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Please give me some advice on my oral English #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:52 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

1. You pronounce "favorite" with three syllables, when it really has only two [feivrɪt], not [fevorɪt].

2. You are pronouncing [h] as it is pronounced in Chinese. You need to open your throat and let the air pass with no resistance.

3. You don't pronounce the diphthongs in words like "I" and "they". You say [a] and [­ɛ] instead of [ai] and [­ei].

4. You need to practice linking between words. For example, when you say "I often", you say [aʔofɛn] with a glottal stop, but it should be [ayofən].

̪5. At the end of a word or syllable, you pronounce [n] as [ŋ]. For example, for "unlucky" you say [ʌŋləki], when it should be [ʌnləki]. This is a very common, stubborn mistake among Chinese. They say "gong" instead of "gone", and "sing" instead of "sin". So you can see that this mistake often causes them to say completely the wrong word.
Jamie (K)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Thank you very much! #3 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:20 am   Thank you very much!

Hello Jamie,
Thank you very much for you advice. Could you please read these words(favorite, having, gong,gone)for me?
I will appreciate it very much if you can give me a reply.
Sincerely yours,
loveyuxin
Loveyuxin

Thank you very much! #4 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 13:38 pm   Thank you very much!

950 Listened

Loveyuxin wrote:
Hello Jamie,
Thank you very much for you advice. Could you please read these words(favorite, having, gong,gone)for me?
I will appreciate it very much if you can give me a reply.
Sincerely yours,
loveyuxin
Jamie (K)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Thank you very much! #5 (permalink) Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 am   Thank you very much!

Hello Jamie,
Many thanks for your prompt answer. I am pleased to receive your valuable reply and I hope that you will continue to correct my pronunciation, intonation,voice and accent.
Best regards,
loveyuxin
Loveyuxin

Please give me some advice on my oral English #6 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:56 am   Please give me some advice on my oral English

704 Listened

Hello, i think think this is an interesting topic to practice oral English
Please give me some advices about my record
Shairlyn2612

Please give me some advice on my oral English #7 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

363 Listened

Avic wrote:
good day i am interested to join in Oral English Pronunciation.
Avic

Please give me some advice on my oral English #8 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:49 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

378 Listened

Hi, I am recording the mesage for an evaluation.
Best regards
Alexandra
Alexandranow
I'm here quite often ;-)

Please give me some advice on my oral English #9 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 13:27 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

Hello Torsten ,
Well I all the time trying to post a message record on the forum and as always I follow the steps but when it comes to hiting the red record button it doesn't exciste on my page I don't if the problem is with my computer or sht else . please I need your help.
many thanks.
Assya

Please give me some advice on my oral English #10 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:10 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

290 Listened

Avic wrote:
Avic wrote:
good day i am interested to join in Oral English Pronunciation.
Avic

For Shairlyn 2612 #11 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:16 pm   For Shairlyn 2612

For Shairlyn 2612: Pay more attention to the intonation of the whole sentence, I think you concentrate on the pronunciation of each word too much, make your sentence sound connected
Sevich

Please give me some advice on my oral English #12 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:23 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

242 Listened

Please make comments on my pronunciation.
Sevich

Please give me some advice on my oral English #13 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:27 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

202 Listened

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.
Armie

Please give me some advice on my oral English #14 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:29 pm   Please give me some advice on my oral English

236 Listened

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.
Randiana

voice listening #15 (permalink) Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:37 pm   voice listening

dear torsten,i listenedto the voice records.but i can't catch all the words.please help me.
Manjusha

My first voice message | MY FIRST VOICE MESSAGE
ESL Forums | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What book contains this?Speaking: Which sports are particulalry popular in your country?Back againDialect is beautiful, but I really donnt know how to differentiate them?My first message speakingAudio and Video Aids for improving EnglishImproving speaking skill through aloud readingToefl« speaking question :impressive celebrationWill you please just listen?This is just to let you know the voice recorder is working again....How to pronounce the word "Kyrgyzstan"?pronounciation of "sew"I have problem with recording voices