read superficially; to cause an object to skip across the surface of a liquid
procure
skim
feature
found

natural rights, moral rights

"Me either" usage | Question tags
natural rights, moral rights #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 12, 2010 19:41 pm   natural rights, moral rights

ESL/EFL Test #253 "US Government Questions Test (2)", question 5

Stemming from John Locke's ideas, innate rights, such as life, property and liberty, are known as ......... rights in the U.S.

(a) moral
(b) normal
(c) natural

ESL/EFL Test #253 "US Government Questions Test (2)", answer 5

Stemming from John Locke's ideas, innate rights, such as life, property and liberty, are known as natural rights in the U.S.

Correct answer: (c) natural

Stemming from John Locke's ideas, innate rights, such as life, property and liberty, are known as moral rights in the U.S.
_________________________

According to Wikipedia, natural rights are also called moral rights. Is this not applicable in the US?
Thanks in advance.
Baubau

natural rights, moral rights #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 0:17 am   natural rights, moral rights

I would not call it the natural term, but this question needs to be amended, I agree. I have done so, and the revision will appear with the next database update.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
"Me either" usage | Question tags
What does postpone mean?Why are ants very strong?Out of date?Does the "order" mean the position for which the candidat is appling?What is the meaning by saying the team chemistry of the group?What does "entails of the details" mean?Meaning of "Time consuming"What does the "staffing efforts" mean?Why is it called as cellular telephone?Difference between 'I'll see if I can help' and 'I'll look if I can help'The sorts of support which the firm could giveWhat does 'put off' mean?Overhead levelled off?