denouncement; revealing; photograph; abandoning; placement
qualification
leisure
banknote
exposure

"Me either" usage

Difference between 'I'll see if I can help' and 'I'll look if I can help' | natural rights, moral rights
"Me either" usage #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 12, 2010 21:40 pm   "Me either" usage

"Jay, it's Larry. Did you enjoy the party last night? Me either. It was the same old stories and Jim was yet again in ......... form. He is the picture-perfect example of why some people shouldn't drink. He was sober for about fifteen minutes and, this time, managed not to start a fist fight until an hour after he arrived."

(a) statuesque
(b) molded
(c) perfect
(d) imprecise

"Jay, it's Larry. Did you enjoy the party last night? Me either. It was the same old stories and Jim was yet again in perfect form. He is the picture-perfect example of why some people shouldn't drink. He was sober for about fifteen minutes and, this time, managed not to start a fist fight until an hour after he arrived."

Correct answer: (c) perfect

_________________________

In everyday speaking, can "Me either" be used as a response to a negation (in jest)? The character above seems to speak ironically, so I suppose it's either a joke or a typo.
Thanks in advance.
Baubau

"Me either" usage #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 0:15 am   "Me either" usage

Yes, it can be and is used. Some native speakers, especially in casual conversation, pay little attention to the forms this response can take.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does postpone mean?Why are ants very strong?Out of date?Does the "order" mean the position for which the candidat is appling?What is the meaning by saying the team chemistry of the group?What does "entails of the details" mean?Meaning of "Time consuming"What does the "staffing efforts" mean?Why is it called as cellular telephone?The sorts of support which the firm could giveWhat does 'put off' mean?Overhead levelled off?Why said insted of told?