to accept; to belief; to hug; to hold tight
prepare
disappear
embrace
freight

leave a message the next time?

Test incompl/advan-812, User's Answer 3 | I have written one sentence and have a little bit perplexion about it
leave a message the next time? #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 16:59 pm   leave a message the next time?

ESL/EFL Test #587 "Telecommunications (1)", question 10

Why didn't you ......... me message? I didn't even know that you called. Please do that the next you call so that I don't miss any urgent matters.

(a) leave
(b) miss
(c) turn
(d) call

ESL/EFL Test #587 "Telecommunications (1)", answer 10

Why didn't you leave me message? I didn't even know that you called. Please do that the next you call so that I don't miss any urgent matters.

Correct answer: (a) leave

_________________________

I think there are 2 words missing in this question:

Why didn't you leave me a message? I didn't even know that you called. Please do that the next time you call so that I don't miss any urgent matters.
Baubau

leave a message the next time? #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 20:26 pm   leave a message the next time?

You are right. Thank you very much for pointing this out. We'll make the corrections soon.

TOEFL listening lectures: What aspect of Ben Franklin's life does the speaker mainly discuss?

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
leave a message the next time? #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 29, 2010 18:07 pm   leave a message the next time?

Sorry, but this "a" still isn't at its place:

Why didn't you a leave me message?
Vermilion

Location: Russia

leave a message the next time? #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 29, 2010 18:40 pm   leave a message the next time?

You are right that it's not there Vermilion, but you are putting it in the wrong place.

Why didn't you leave me a message?
_________________

leave a message the next time? #5 (permalink) Wed Jun 30, 2010 17:33 pm   leave a message the next time?

I just copied the phrase as it was in the test at that time to point out a mistake. Baubau had already written the right version, so I saw no reason to repeat it. But thank you all the same.
Vermilion

Location: Russia

leave a message the next time? #6 (permalink) Wed Jun 30, 2010 18:19 pm   leave a message the next time?

The phrase as it was in the test at the time appears in post #1. The 'a' is missing, rather than in the wrong place. Still, no matter.
_________________

leave a message the next time? #7 (permalink) Thu Jul 01, 2010 17:25 pm   leave a message the next time?

Sorry, I'm a bore, I know. But:

And:

Vermilion

Location: Russia

leave a message the next time? #8 (permalink) Thu Jul 01, 2010 20:48 pm   leave a message the next time?

My apologies. I looked at message 1 rather than the test itself.
_________________

Meaning of road hogb/c the use to show whole class or family of something.Both of them - solve or discover can be used?Test incompl/elem-184, Question 1Test incompl/elem-181, Question 2Test incompl/elem-295, Question 2Test incompl/advan-107, Question 2Test incompl/advan-153, Question 6Test incompl/inter-455, Question 1Test incompl/inter-165, User's Answer 10Reduction rulesWhat does break off mean?The word "wanted" here is not willing verb but action verb...