to rely on; to trust; to be supported by
depend
deliver
segment
instance

Does the "order" mean the position for which the candidat is appling?

What is the meaning by saying the team chemistry of the group? | Why are ants very strong?
Does the "order" mean the position for which the candidat is appling? #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 15, 2010 17:29 pm   Does the "order" mean the position for which the candidat is appling?

ESL/EFL Test #146 "Hiring the Right Person", question 1

In order to take on the right candidate, the employer must examine both abilities and personality, although not necessarily in that ..........

(a) interview
(b) order
(c) resume
(d) time

ESL/EFL Test #146 "Hiring the Right Person", answer 1

In order to take on the right candidate, the employer must examine both abilities and personality, although not necessarily in that order.

Correct answer: (b) order
_________________________

_________________
I have a dream and I want to know the secret of time and universe.
Zhangbaixiang

Location: Chinese

Does the "order" mean the position for which the candidat is appling? #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 15, 2010 23:00 pm   Does the "order" mean the position for which the candidat is appling?

No, it means the order (= sequence, precedence) of points (=ability, personality) being considered.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does back bonnet mean?to bump smb. to death means to attack and hurt?What does postpone mean?Out of date?What does "entails of the details" mean?Meaning of "Time consuming"What does the "staffing efforts" mean?Why is it called as cellular telephone?Difference between 'I'll see if I can help' and 'I'll look if I can help'"Me either" usagenatural rights, moral rightsThe sorts of support which the firm could giveWhat does put on hold mean?