assembly; board; group of people (gathered to advise, plan, etc.)
substantive
council
expertise
substitute

Do you want to be my friend?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Speaking English and making friends! Here is Lorena from Romania | Hi everyone!
Do you want to be my friend? #361 (permalink) Sun May 09, 2010 19:53 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Hey All, It's been a very long time since I last posted a reply on the forum. Anyway, I see everyone is working hard on improving English. Great job on you all. Hit me up if you'd like to talk English. Have a great day.
Jayj

Do you want to be my friend? #362 (permalink) Sun May 09, 2010 20:27 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Six or seven years?! I hope to solve the problem sooner, but you never know. Man proposes, God disposes, right? So do me a favour, pray for me.

Well, where did you sleep last night and how's the thesis & professor? Are you alredy at home?

I'm wondering as well where are folks, they seem just to vanish into thin air.
See you
_________________
I'm a natural blonde, please speak slowly ;-)
Bagheera

Location: Ukraine, Lviv

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Do you want to be my friend? #363 (permalink) Sun May 09, 2010 22:39 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Jayj wrote:

Hi Jayj, nice to meet you. Welcome back to the site. Tell us something about yourself. It is very interesting. Bye-bye
_________________
Bagheera

Location: Ukraine, Lviv

Do you want to be my friend? #364 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 6:28 am   Do you want to be my friend?

Im from Iran,I want to practice english and I would like to make new friends here
Turkolan

Location: Iran-tabriz

Do you want to be my friend? #365 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 6:36 am   Do you want to be my friend?

Hi bagheera
I want to be your friend .so tell me something about urself
tnx
Turkolan

Location: Iran-tabriz

Do you want to be my friend? #366 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 9:04 am   Do you want to be my friend?

Bagheera, I always pray for my friends to get succeed.
I will put her son's photo when I get home.
I am not coming back home yet. But I bought a train ticket yesterday. I will leave tomorrow, at five in the afternoon. I got up late today. I was tired last night. All my body was in heat and shock. It's over now. I think I had a stressful time yesterday.

Turkolan, I think we are in a same city. Welcome on board, Pal!

See you tomorrow, bye for now.
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #367 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Break News:

Someone form the local TV called me a moment ago, and informed me that I have won in a contest. What contest? Let me tell you the whole story.

I was watching a TV question and answer program, and for the watchers, they was a question which subtitled at the moment. The week we were in was Nurse's Week. So, the question was what does the word nurse mean? I startled and went at my computer. I asked Google and it answered me that this word means to Someone who he-she is responsible for: treatment, safety, and recovery of someone else. - Simple, isn't it. I translated it and sent the answer via the SMS. Today hey called me back and told me that I have won. They didn't tell me what the reward or gift is, but I look forward to getting some money! LOL.
Isn't it a nice coincidence!

-Salivan
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #368 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 12:12 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

I totally forgot to tell you that the recording was full of noise, Bagheera. I am afraid to ask you please put the transcription next time! To be honest, I just heard my name once, and the BYE-BYE at the end of it. I have to remove its noise as soon as I get home.

Your voice is soft, beautiful, and lovely, INDEED!

I feel I am a little bit envious to our voice, and being there to hear that all the time. I love Kitos's voice as well.
By the way, how does your husband do? Give my regards to him.
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #369 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 13:07 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Hey,
It's the marriage ceremony of one of my friend. He works as a bank-teller. He's a nice boy. I hope he last with his wife with a happy and wonderful life - As long as they live for the other.

Look forward to the news of my own marriage next three of four years. LOL.
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #370 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 14:53 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

hi Iam Zeynep from turkey I would like learn abut you ıf you like we would be friend..
Zbbcn

Do you want to be my friend? #371 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 15:11 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Merhaba friends,
Sorry for having been away from this forum for one week. I had a terrible time last week. Being a diarrhea, catching a cold nearly killed me, I was very sick. My body temperature was really high (39C). I even couldnt bother to hold my hands up. At the hospital, doctors had to give me two serums with antibiotic and injection on the bum :)

While I was trying to get over of my illness my 10 months daughter, whose name is Yagmur (rain), started to vomit. At the beginning her body temperature wasnt high enough. We took her hospital for x-ray, thinking that she might have swallowed something and thus caused her to vomit. It turned out that there is nothing in her tommy. We came back to home, but she kept vomitting. Even though I was sick and exhausted I couldn't get sleep. The next day Yagmur's temperature gone up with vomitting. We took her again to hospital and she catched the same ilness as I did. I couldn't beleive myself. My little sweety was really terribly sick. Normally she was hyperactive but this time she even wasn't able to hold my hand. I just dont want to tell you how bad we felt. Me and my wife had a very unlucky week.

At the moment Yagmur is feeling better, but she needs a few more days to recover properly.

Khayyam, would you mind tell us about how we could jump like you? I mean things like cost, requirements, staffs, and so forth. More importantly, let us know your contact infos - Phone number is appreciated via a private message!

Ofcourse I don't mind. It's not easy to tell you about the cost. I think in Iran there should be such an organisation. If you have chance to come to Turkey I will definetely help you.

Well, it's difficult, but I will tell you. On March I had a miscarriage, I found it out when I came to the second ultrasound - they told me there was no heartbeat. But we're getting it over and I hope that next attempt will be successful. o:-)

I really sorry to hear that. We experienced two abortions (miscarriage). My wife and me felt the same thing as you did. I can understand your feeling. Recently a great many friends of mine had an abortion. Doctors says too much about it. I suggest you to keep pedalling but you should have a rest for another month. I beleive that you will have the sweetiest baby.
Khayyam06

Location: Turkey

Do you want to be my friend? #372 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 17:10 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Hey!
I am really, really happy to read you again, Khayyam. In spite of being sorry for your illness, I am happy we have you back again. I wish you start to jump soon. Thanks the Lord to keep you and your sweetie safe. Harry up and get better, man!

You hadn't told us you that have got married. It seems that I am the only single one here - Poor me! Um, do you know somebody whom she would like to marry with a a nice, tall, cute, and smart boy like me? LOL.

It's about 9:00 PM. I have to leave, or else I will lock up at the professor's office till the morning.

Khayyam, again, thank you not to forget us. We, Bagheera (the queen - LOL.) and I, were worry about you. Don't dare to sick again, please. And take a good care of the sweetie.
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #373 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 17:13 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

I am in a harry,
but let me ask you please put your photos (Yagmur, your wife, and yourself - all together) here - If you mind.

And when will they inform you about the result of the exam?
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #374 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 18:52 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Dearest Pasban, thanks for kind words, you are courteous as usual. I'm flattered. Thanks, again. I wish you would find a kind, beautiful and loving wife. I will pray for you as well.
Hope the thesis is ready and the professor's top satisfied. :-)
Congratulations, you have won a prise. I wish it would be something valuable. I'm busy today, so have to run, also I want to say two words to Khayam.
See you
_________________
Bagheera

Location: Ukraine, Lviv

Do you want to be my friend? #375 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 19:06 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Merhaba Khayam, welcome back!
I'm so so so sorry that you were in such trouble! We didn't even suspect that something serious might have happen to you. Your story is awful, I can imagine the stress you were in with your wife when the child got ill. But, thanks God, all are safe and sound.
Have to confess, I also thought you are a bachelor - you look quite young on your photo. I know that in Turkey people usually get married in their late-thirties, but you definitely look much younger. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Besides, I'd like to thank you for kind words of support - they give me hope and encouragement. I wish you and your family to be healthy and friendly. By the way, how is your exam? Did you get necessary score? Being busy, have to finish my quick note. Hold on, friend and don't disappear again!
Regards
_________________
Bagheera

Location: Ukraine, Lviv

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Hi im a newbieBack to site after 3 years!!!IntroductionWhat is the English word for a life of full things, a family of full happinessUse of listening transcript 10 with due source attributionnew member,hello everyone!A new Member who needs helpA question regarding "Preparation forum for the GRE Test"!Thinking & Speaking in Englishbig hello to everyoneMeet with writer, blogger Rizwan Ahmed MemonNever wanted to be uncivil. I was extremely upset. I'm sorrycollecting criminals across the city