public sale where goods are sold to the highest bidder (such as eBay)
stall
guarantee
auction
harvest

Do you want to be my friend?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member?
Speaking English and making friends! Here is Lorena from Romania | Hi everyone!
Do you want to be my friend? #376 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 19:17 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Turkolan wrote:
Hi bagheera
I want to be your friend .so tell me something about urself
tnx

Hi Turkolan, nice to meet you, welcome to our friendly community!
The thing is that I have told about myself lots of times, so you're welcome to my personal profile, where you can find all the messages of mine. It will be the best introduction. Well, join our conversation whenever you like, people here are very friendly and nice. Iwish you would like the forum, it's really fascinating!
See you
_________________
I'm a natural blonde, please speak slowly ;-)
Bagheera

Location: Ukraine, Lviv

Do you want to be my friend? #377 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 21:59 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Hello again,
My exam result will be ready in about another two weeks. I will let you know when I get the result. Bye for now
Khayyam06

Location: Turkey

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Do you want to be my friend? #378 (permalink) Tue May 11, 2010 5:49 am   Do you want to be my friend?

Good morning!

Well, I stayed with one of my friend's family last night. I didn't eat for dinner, and I thought I would eat with them. Poor me! I was late, and they had finished the dinner. I told my friend to prepare an egg and a loaf of bread. Surprisingly, he brought a trey full of rice, egg, vegetables, bread, yogurt, and a jam of water.

My! I could say I ate all of they in a half an hour. The meal was really delicious and well-prepared. I even could say it was the best since I am here away home. And for the breakfast, we went out. It was as delicious as the dinner! However, I am back to the office, and waiting for my appreciated professor. I make my mind to leave this afternoon. But he yet insist of staying here. I talked with him it is as the same as if I work at home. There will be no worries.

I complete the last section of the thesis, but I have to review and revise it before have him read it.

Khayyam, you can't imagine how happy I am. You know, losing a nice friend like you is too hard for us.

P.S.
Bagheera, I am not flattered. It is what exactly happens in my mind and my heart as well.
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #379 (permalink) Tue May 11, 2010 14:29 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Bagheera, I am not flatterer It is what exactly happens in my mind and my heart as well.

Hi Pasban,
On having read your message I felt quite nostalgic for my studying at the university. There is some romance about all this fuss with papers, exams, being hungry, exhauseted and underslept. Besides nasty professors always made things worse. I have to confess I really enjoyed student's life.
Besides, if memory serves me right, you promised to tell about marrige in your country. It will be interesting to me, as I always wanted to know more about Muslim traditions - quite exotic and extraordinary culture.
Looking forward to hearing from you
_________________
Bagheera

Location: Ukraine, Lviv

Do you want to be my friend? #380 (permalink) Tue May 11, 2010 14:53 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Hi Bagheera and Salivan!
Yes I have been married for 3 years. My wife is a biological science teacher. I love her so much. I am 32, my wife is 27 years old.
My profile picture was taken nearly 6 years ago. I was in Oludeniz then. The picture was taken without my notice when I was watching paragliders up to the sky. I am missing too much to that times.

So, Salivan had a very delicious dinner last night. Working in tourism sector as a restaurant manager taught me how to cook. Although our chef was so angry, I always managed to got in his kitchen. Sometimes it cost me some beer, raki and red wine. Our chef used to drink too much. The more customer we got, the more money I used to earn. But the chef was working on fixed salary besides tips. When the restaurant was full of customers he used to fed up and kept moaning. But a few drinks were enough to cheer him up again. Good days....
Khayyam06

Location: Turkey

Do you want to be my friend? #381 (permalink) Tue May 11, 2010 16:20 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Hey Khayam,
How do you feel today, hope you've fully recovered from this dreadfull illness. You and your wife are about the same age as my husband and me - he is 32 and I'm 26, but we've been married for 5 years. Besides I'm a teacher too. See, we have a lot in common. :-)
By the way, I wanted to ask you as an expert - there are two words in English: to go parachuting and to go paragliding, both of them seem to note the same. Am I right, are these two words synonyms? The thing is that it is quite vaguely explained in the dictionary. Do you happen to know which one is commonly used by native speakers?
_________________
Bagheera

Location: Ukraine, Lviv

Another friend #382 (permalink) Tue May 11, 2010 16:26 pm   Another friend

Hi dear new friend, let's keep in touch and exchange some english ideas and get to know each other better, I am from Brazil and looking forward for your lines.
_________________
Joao Mª H. Fonseca
Your last mistake is your best teacher.
Joao Fonseca

Location: Brasília DF., Brazil

Another friend #383 (permalink) Tue May 11, 2010 16:32 pm   Another friend

Hey newcomer! Welcome to our friendly thread! Tell something about yourself.
_________________
Bagheera

Location: Ukraine, Lviv

Do you want to be my friend? #384 (permalink) Tue May 11, 2010 17:36 pm   Do you want to be my friend?

Hey Bagheera301,

Thanks for replying to my post. Things are going well on my end. I'm in the U.S. Where are you from? Well, hope to hear from you soon. Take care and be safe. Enjoy the rest of your week.

To everyone else,

It's great to be back in the forum. I've been gone for quite some time and I can see that I've missed a lot of great discussions. If you're new to the forum, welcome. If you're a veteran, continue posting your stories. Have a great day and stay out of trouble. See ya!
Jayj

Do you want to be my friend? #385 (permalink) Wed May 12, 2010 4:29 am   Do you want to be my friend?

Hey,
I finally got home. It's 7:54 here in the morning. Guess what? I found/made two friends in the train. One of them is a lawer, and the next one is a student in physics. Both of them are postgraduated, like I am. I got their phone number, and the lawer told me that he will gho mountain climbing tomorrow or the other day. So, I hope we make it, and if we do, then I will put some photos of the tip of the mountain.

Joao, Jayj, Welcome pals!
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #386 (permalink) Wed May 12, 2010 4:34 am   Do you want to be my friend?

Bagheera, now you mention it!
Let me just clarify that because of our tradition, you do not have the right to hold any other girls hand, touching them, walking in the street while clinging together, and so forth - It's too restricted, isn't it? - I don't mind, because of that I don't like and I don't have any interest in discussing about traditional staffs. However, let me start the story how we fall in love in IRAN - All is my own point of view!

Read the next post for the girls, and the other one for the boys - Ladies' first! ;)
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #387 (permalink) Wed May 12, 2010 4:50 am   Do you want to be my friend?

The girls love story:
I guess you know what double standard means, - There is one rule, but in action, it is different for men and women.
Also we have this double standard in our country. However, girls have no right to ask someone to get marry with - there is always an exception. Girls whom they cover their hair, and family-oriented ones have a great success to marry soon.

It is a pity that the girls population is overtaken the boys ones. It is because once Iraq invaded in our lands and many people died. The war took eight tough years. Many women became widow.

However, it is a sad story that girls must marry before, um..., between 14 to 21, or else the chance will reduce to find an appropriate husband. After getting married, in most cases they have to work at home - become a housewife. They have to bear a child and just upbringing he-she.

I will continue the rest of her story in the next posts....
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #388 (permalink) Wed May 12, 2010 5:32 am   Do you want to be my friend?

The boys love story:

I think it is obvious that in every places in the world, boys have an advantage to have more than one girlfriend. I have any - Poor me, :( ! Once a boy loved a girl. The boy's family call her mother to ask the family to let them know each other. It will be OK if the both have any family relationship.

However, in the past, it was something like that the boy had no right to choose any girl. His mother would saw a girl in a public bath, may be naked, - LOL!, and if his mother likes her, they went to girls home and want her father to be their bride. Notice that in most cases, the boy didn't know her. They may tell him, go to this private room and make some love with someone whom she is waiting for you. And after a noisy, or silence - because of the shame, the girl would become the boy's wife.

Sorry to say that, but having hymen is highly appreciated here. They like to marry with a girl, except a prostitute - I told you that it is because of this double standard. They like to have a new meet, except the used one - I am truly sorry to write things like that in a public forum like that, but as far as it is a discussion, it will be OK. So, please pardon me. Let me say it again that all of this info is my own views, so don't take it the wrong way, please.

Most of these also depend on customs, too. For example, they may don't mind things about being girl or woman, but in most regions, she have to be a girl.

Let's review this scenario that, a boy's family asks the girl's to let her to marry with him. In some cases, if they love each other, boy and girl would ran away from home to force her, or his family to let them marry. The boy may have intercourse with her, and because of being disgrace, the girl's family may let the permission. If not, they simply may kill the boy - I say that again it is my own thoughts; please don't take it the wrong way.

However, after having her, they set up a wedding ceremony. It is not allowed for both gender to dance with each other in all regions, though. The men have their own ceremony, and the women have their own as well. And after the ceremony night for men, the lucky bride, may be, sleep with the broom for the first time in their relation - bedchamber.

After a hot night, the women start another ceremony. In the morning, they say congratulation to the new woman because of being a woman. They give her lots of gifts and pray her to have a happy and lasting life.

In some customs divorcing is not allowed. - Um, let me tell you about this damn phenomenon later.

Newlyweds may go to see each others families, uncles, aunts, friends, and so forth. They may invite the new couples for dinner. Some of them prefer to go to honeymoon, but most would rather go back to work after a few days of being busy with marriage staffs.

I forgot to talk about the time when the have engaged. As I told you before, holding your spouse's hand is not appreciated. The Cops may arrest you because of this traditional-based crime. They may ask you to call your home, and let the parents of both guys know that how nasty, or may be to make the relationship clear for both families, the children acting in the street. However, being careful is the essence of fooling around in the street.

Please remind me to write a story about my only (damned) ex next time.

P.S.
My! How much I did write!
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #389 (permalink) Wed May 12, 2010 5:33 am   Do you want to be my friend?

Rolling on the floor laughing! :))
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Do you want to be my friend? #390 (permalink) Wed May 12, 2010 7:41 am   Do you want to be my friend?

Hi my name is Ayaz,

I belong to Pakistan, I would love to make new friends here because I want to improve my English

You people would like to be my friend ?
Ayazgreat

Location: Karachi Pakistan

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Hi im a newbieBack to site after 3 years!!!IntroductionWhat is the English word for a life of full things, a family of full happinessUse of listening transcript 10 with due source attributionnew member,hello everyone!A new Member who needs helpA question regarding "Preparation forum for the GRE®® Test"!Thinking & Speaking in Englishbig hello to everyoneMeet with writer, blogger Rizwan Ahmed MemonNever wanted to be uncivil. I was extremely upset. I'm sorrycollecting criminals across the city