objective
metropolitan
bound
proper
unjudged

If we use SHE for a train, what about HE?

I feel like I am at the end of my rope | It's time you got up
If we use SHE for a train, what about HE? #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 20, 2010 13:15 pm   If we use SHE for a train, what about HE?

ESL/EFL Test #70 "Chit Chat: In the train", question 9

Mrs Ashton: Look are you ......... the train's going to London. It's taking a long time to leave.

(a) sure
(b) clear
(c) evident
(d) obvious

ESL/EFL Test #70 "Chit Chat: In the train", answer 9

Mrs Ashton: Look are you sure the train's going to London. It's taking a long time to leave.

Correct answer: (a) sure
_________________________

If we use SHE for a train, what about HE? Can we use he for another thing? thanks, Natig
Natig

If we use SHE for a train, what about HE? #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:07 am   If we use SHE for a train, what about HE?

I can't think of any that are traditional, Natig.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
If we use SHE for a train, what about HE? #3 (permalink) Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:09 am   If we use SHE for a train, what about HE?

The punctuation is left out in the first sentence of this Question 9. A question mark is called for at the end of the sentence. In addition, a comma is also called for immediately after "Look". Could you please double-check this punctuation?

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a

Test incompl/inter-310, Question 4Test incompl/inter-310, Question 3it broke his heart?bridge the gap?next Monday at 10 o'clockback to the drawing boardat the drop of a hatYou are ahead of time...He was racing against the time...Idiom: actions speak louder than wordsidiom: He's a man after my own heartTest incompl/inter-298, Question 3Idiom: A still tongue keeps a wise head.