Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

objective
metropolitan
bound
proper
unjudged
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

If we use SHE for a train, what about HE?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
I feel like I am at the end of my rope | It's time you got up
listening exercises
If we use SHE for a train, what about HE? #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 20, 2010 13:15 pm   If we use SHE for a train, what about HE?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #70 "Chit Chat: In the train", question 9

Mrs Ashton: Look are you ......... the train's going to London. It's taking a long time to leave.

(a) sure
(b) clear
(c) evident
(d) obvious

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #70 "Chit Chat: In the train", answer 9

Mrs Ashton: Look are you sure the train's going to London. It's taking a long time to leave.

Correct answer: (a) sure

If we use SHE for a train, what about HE? Can we use he for another thing? thanks, Natig
Natig

If we use SHE for a train, what about HE? #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:07 am   If we use SHE for a train, what about HE?

I can't think of any that are traditional, Natig.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
If we use SHE for a train, what about HE? #3 (permalink) Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:09 am   If we use SHE for a train, what about HE?

Hello,

The punctuation is left out in the first sentence of this Question 9. A question mark is called for at the end of the sentence. In addition, a comma is also called for immediately after "Look". Could you please double-check this punctuation?

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a
I'm here quite often ;-)

I feel like I am at the end of my rope | It's time you got up
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Test incompl/inter-310, Question 4Test incompl/inter-310, Question 3it broke his heart?bridge the gap?next Monday at 10 o'clockback to the drawing boardat the drop of a hatYou are ahead of time...He was racing against the time...Idiom: actions speak louder than wordsidiom: He's a man after my own heartTest incompl/inter-298, Question 3Idiom: A still tongue keeps a wise head.