as soon as
immediately
either
unless
though

By saying 'the least efficient and least defensible tax' what does this imply?

Adding up? | what's the meaning of ”additional for“
By saying 'the least efficient and least defensible tax' what does this imply? #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 am   By saying 'the least efficient and least defensible tax' what does this imply?

ESL/EFL Test #164 "Corporate Taxation", question 1

Rob Norton, of eCompany Now and Fortune magazines, notes in the article quoted below that corporate taxes are among the least efficient and least ......... of taxes.

(a) avoidable
(b) defeatable
(c) defensible
(d) reprehensible

ESL/EFL Test #164 "Corporate Taxation", answer 1

Rob Norton, of eCompany Now and Fortune magazines, notes in the article quoted below that corporate taxes are among the least efficient and least defensible of taxes.

Correct answer: (c) defensible
_________________________

By saying "the least efficient and least defensible tax" what does this imply?
And are the corporate tax, corporate income tax and corporate profit tax meaning the same tax and can they be replaced by ecah other?
thanks.
_________________
I have a dream and I want to know the secret of time and universe.
Zhangbaixiang

Location: Chinese

By saying 'the least efficient and least defensible tax' what does this imply? #2 (permalink) Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:44 am   By saying 'the least efficient and least defensible tax' what does this imply?

I can't talk about taxes but I can explain 'least defensible'. That means that it is a tax that would be the most difficult one to justify.

_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of 'I've really had enough of all your excuses?What does took its eye off the ball mean?Meaning of 'Many suppliers are reserving judgment until the strategy...'What does OEMs stand for?deserved a trip to the woodshedWhat is uneconomic actions?What does "in place" mean here?interest rates are going up?meaning of 'Bite'what is rubbish?gave rise to competition?How do we read "Jane_101"?Is a one month's notice the same as a dismissal notice?