headway; forward movement; development; advancement
progress
disease
place
petrol

What is uneconomic actions?

what's the meaning of ”additional for“ | What does "in place" mean here?
What is uneconomic actions? #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:52 am   What is uneconomic actions?

ESL/EFL Test #165 "Commercial Property", question 6

When accounting values for assets ......... from their underlying market values, some managements take uneconomic actions to protect accounting performance measures.

(a) detract
(b) distract
(c) diverge
(d) divide

ESL/EFL Test #165 "Commercial Property", answer 6

When accounting values for assets diverge from their underlying market values, some managements take uneconomic actions to protect accounting performance measures.

Correct answer: (c) diverge
_________________________

What is uneconomic actions? What is accounting performance measures? And why they protect them?
thanks.
_________________
I have a dream and I want to know the secret of time and universe.
Zhangbaixiang

Location: Chinese

What is uneconomic actions? #2 (permalink) Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:57 pm   What is uneconomic actions?

uneconomic-- expensive, inefficient
accounting performance measures-- methods of measuring profit, growth, liquidity, etc. These must be accurate in order to properly manage the firm.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?What is a fine?What is the meaning of 'I've really had enough of all your excuses?What does took its eye off the ball mean?Meaning of 'Many suppliers are reserving judgment until the strategy...'What does OEMs stand for?deserved a trip to the woodshedBy saying 'the least efficient and least defensible tax' what does this imply?Adding up?interest rates are going up?meaning of 'Bite'what is rubbish?gave rise to competition?