Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

headway; forward movement; development; advancement
progress
disease
place
petrol
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is uneconomic actions?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
what's the meaning of ”additional for“ | What does "in place" mean here?
listening exercises
What is uneconomic actions? #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:52 am   What is uneconomic actions?

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #165 "Commercial Property", question 6

When accounting values for assets ......... from their underlying market values, some managements take uneconomic actions to protect accounting performance measures.

(a) detract
(b) distract
(c) diverge
(d) divide

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #165 "Commercial Property", answer 6

When accounting values for assets diverge from their underlying market values, some managements take uneconomic actions to protect accounting performance measures.

Correct answer: (c) diverge

What is uneconomic actions? What is accounting performance measures? And why they protect them?
thanks.

What is uneconomic actions? #2 (permalink) Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:57 pm   What is uneconomic actions?

uneconomic-- expensive, inefficient
accounting performance measures-- methods of measuring profit, growth, liquidity, etc. These must be accurate in order to properly manage the firm.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
what's the meaning of ”additional for“ | What does "in place" mean here?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?What is a fine?What is the meaning of 'I've really had enough of all your excuses?What does took its eye off the ball mean?Meaning of 'Many suppliers are reserving judgment until the strategy...'What does OEMs stand for?deserved a trip to the woodshedBy saying 'the least efficient and least defensible tax' what does this imply?Adding up?interest rates are going up?meaning of 'Bite'what is rubbish?gave rise to competition?