a support that consists of a horizontal surface for holding objects; projection; rock ledge; sandbank
refuse
lead
content
shelf

What does OEMs stand for?

deserved a trip to the woodshed | What does took its eye off the ball mean?
What does OEMs stand for? #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 24, 2010 17:16 pm   What does OEMs stand for?

ESL/EFL Test #166 "Quality Control at Ford", question 6

This demonstrates that OEMs run the risk of becoming ......... to the technical capabilities -- or liabilities -- of their suppliers if they merely purchase, rather than engineer.

(a) subcontracted
(b) subjected
(c) subordinate
(d) subservient

ESL/EFL Test #166 "Quality Control at Ford", answer 6

This demonstrates that OEMs run the risk of becoming subservient to the technical capabilities -- or liabilities -- of their suppliers if they merely purchase, rather than engineer.

Correct answer: (d) subservient
_________________________

What does OEMs stand for?
thanks.
_________________
I have a dream and I want to know the secret of time and universe.
Zhangbaixiang

Location: Chinese

What does OEMs stand for? #2 (permalink) Wed Mar 24, 2010 23:02 pm   What does OEMs stand for?

Original Equipment Manufacturers
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
How can you possibly sprint up slowly?Is the structure of the sentence "from--to--to"?Does the "the select few concepts" refer to the 'viable ideas'?What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?What is a fine?What is the meaning of 'I've really had enough of all your excuses?Meaning of 'Many suppliers are reserving judgment until the strategy...'What is uneconomic actions?What does "in place" mean here?By saying 'the least efficient and least defensible tax' what does this imply?what's the meaning of ”additional for“Adding up?interest rates are going up?