Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

inventive; innovative; artistic
placid
creative
occupied
irritated
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is the meaning of hikes?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is a bat? | 'mail for one thousand dollars' vs. 'mail with...'
listening exercises
What is the meaning of hikes? #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 24, 2010 20:48 pm   What is the meaning of hikes?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #195 "Real life sports vocabulary", question 8

In American football, a play begins when the center ......... the ball to the quarterback.

(a) passes
(b) hands
(c) kicks
(d) hikes

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #195 "Real life sports vocabulary", answer 8

In American football, a play begins when the center hikes the ball to the quarterback.

Correct answer: (d) hikes

Your answer was: incorrect
In American football, a play begins when the center kicks the ball to the quarterback.

what is the meaning of hikes ?

Mirko
Mirko

What is the meaning of hikes? #2 (permalink) Wed Mar 24, 2010 23:26 pm   What is the meaning of hikes?

hike = go by foot
Mkostya
I'm here quite often ;-)

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of hikes? #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:58 am   What is the meaning of hikes?

No. Please do not answer questions if you have not researched them, Mkostya, and know nothing about the topic yourself.

Hike: (Football) To snap (the ball). A snap (colloquially called a "hike", "snapback", or "pass from center") starts each American football and Canadian football play from scrimmage.

What is the meaning of hikes? #4 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:05 am   What is the meaning of hikes?

OK. Sorry,

I didn't know about that.
Mkostya
I'm here quite often ;-)

What is the meaning of hikes? #5 (permalink) Tue May 10, 2011 19:32 pm   What is the meaning of hikes?

,,the center'' in this sentence, should I understand : ,,a person who is in the center''?
thank you very much.
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What is the meaning of hikes? #6 (permalink) Tue May 10, 2011 19:41 pm   What is the meaning of hikes?

It's the centre (center) position in the team, but the player is not always in the centre of the pitch.
Language Coach

What is the meaning of hikes? #7 (permalink) Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:21 am   What is the meaning of hikes?

I had never understood this game but, it is interesting to know something about it.
Martha0108
You can meet me at english-test.net

What is a bat? | 'mail for one thousand dollars' vs. 'mail with...'
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
look forward to sleeping infinance chargesFile up an application foreveryday vs every dayWhat is ice hockey?How long does the title search take?meaning of springDifference between why and what?"expand on" versus "spread out"'surprised at how many' instead of 'surprised how many''do' = 'go or travel (at a certain speed)'Meaning of "make a go of things"Robber, thief and bandit?