vital; essential; indispensable; unavoidable
elect
coherent
suspect
necessary

Why do we use marine mammals?

'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry' | difference between incident and event?
Why do we use marine mammals? #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 15:56 pm   Why do we use marine mammals?

ESL/EFL Test #130 "Vocabulary Practice: Bottlenose Dolphins", question 6

Dolphins and whales are examples of sea or ......... mammals because they are warm-blooded but live in the ocean.

(a) marine
(b) air
(c) land

ESL/EFL Test #130 "Vocabulary Practice: Bottlenose Dolphins", answer 6

Dolphins and whales are examples of sea or marine mammals because they are warm-blooded but live in the ocean.

Correct answer: (a) marine

Dolphins and whales are examples of sea or air mammals because they are warm-blooded but live in the ocean.
_________________________

Why do we use marine mammals?
What does it mean?
Ouli
Ouli

Why do we use marine mammals? #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 19:40 pm   Why do we use marine mammals?

Marine refers to ocean/sea/salt water aspects. You can look 'marine' and 'mammals' up in the dictionary.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Should not it be, Would you like "something" to drink?Sentence: Nantucket, which is a little island 20 miles off Cape Cod, MassachusettWhat is the use of phrasal verbs?How can you possibly sprint up slowly?Three rates here: money factor, annual interest rate, and local new-car loan...What "tying up" mean? tie up?What is destination charge? Meaning the delivery fee.Is the structure of the sentence "from--to--to"?Does the "the select few concepts" refer to the 'viable ideas'?What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?What is a fine?What is the meaning of 'I've really had enough of all your excuses?Meaning of 'Many suppliers are reserving judgment until the strategy...'